Destroy block bug

What is your HS username? TheOnion
Device you’re using iPad 7.5 (according to my settings lol)
HS version 3.42.2

Describe what happened I destroyed an object but it didn’t destroy, it instead appeared all over the screen at the same time, invisible, but still there
Steps THT can take to reproduce your problem

1. Destroy an object
  2. Voila

What I expected the object to literally destroy and remove itself from the draft
What actually happened
It strangely appeared all over the screen, invisible

Here’s a short vid:

Hnet-image

Really weird right?

11 Likes

odd
first post

6 Likes

It’s very annoying as well, it almost ruined my latest project

4 Likes

Can you show the code in non-gif format please?

4 Likes

Sure!

I added the gif because I wanted you to see what actually happened to the project

7 Likes

I do not have beta editor btw

5 Likes

Ah, I think I understand. This is really weird, for sure! Is it possible that you can publish the draft, grab a link, unpublish it, and post the link here?

6 Likes

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/11299q1fu
This is not only happening in this project only, it happens wherever I use the destroy block

5 Likes

Maybe you could try (and this may or may not work) making the circle invisible before destroying it.

1 Like

Also, the link is not working for some reason…

1 Like

I think what is happening is when the circle is destroyed, it doesn’t exist, which would make the code not work anymore, so it automatically sets itself to when iPad is tapped. Maybe that is what’s happening. It doesn’t actually set to that, just while in play mode.

2 Likes

Try this:
When self is tapped, set clone to 1

When clone =1, check once if clone index = 1, clone object, then set clone variable back to 0.

I tested this, and it works. It can’t clone the object because the set clone to 1 is under a when self is tapped rule, and if there is no circle, it cannot complete the process.

1 Like

Extremely odd
Never noticed this

1 Like

Let’s just say that if the code didn’t fix itself to when iPad is tapped after the circle is destroyed (does not apply to when self is tapped), then the app would probably crash trying to find the exact object to check when tapped. Sorry if this made no sense.

1 Like

It cannot make an object be completely deleted from the draft, or else you would have to re-code it. Unless you meant remove itself from the screen in Play Mode.

1 Like

Its bc the code is (maybe) still saved even if its destroyed!
thats my thought ;/

1 Like

If that is the case, then the when self tapped rule would’ve worked, even without the circle by which the code is in. And it doesn’t, which is what was expected.

2 Likes

Oof ok @Crosbyman64

1 Like

Wait what? I’ve posted links and unpublished projects before and it have worked well…

1 Like

Nah it made total sense. I guess this could be the reason…
it still needs to be fixed tho

1 Like