Demo: Logarithms in Hopscotch

Here is a cool little project I made in a few minutes on Hopscotch. It allows you to enter a base and an argument, such as the 3 and the 9 in log_{3}(9). Then, the project will calculate log_{a}(b) with the numbers that you provided. This should work with any base a and argument b within the domain (a > 0, b > 0)

Background: It’s been a while since people have created calculators in Hopscotch, and I wanted to create one (may also be part of a bigger project :thinking:). I had a few spare minutes to map different keys to their type of function, but I also noticed that Hopscotch was missing a key operation to the iOS calculator: logarithms.

If you don’t know what logarithms are, that’s okay! In short, logs are essentially the opposite of exponents. You typically start using them in Algebra II and continue using them in calculus (where there are many interesting applications for it!)

@Good-Es @pomtl

@ThinBuffalo You might find this interesting

24 Likes

Great idea! That would have been helpful when I was making my calculator

6 Likes

Cool

It’s always crazy what people can make

5 Likes

Come to think of it, they are missing :thinking:
Nice writing lol

4 Likes

This is actually useful! Thank you!

5 Likes

Wow, this is really cool! Great job! A graphing calculator in Hopscotch would be so cool to have someday, and this could help bring it closer.

9 Likes

I thought of adding that. The only difficult part is understanding input

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.