@Maltese
@smishsmash
@bluedogmc-official
@cherrycupcake
@Candycane

@BuildASnowman you post next :smiley:

Hopscotch Debate Topic [Rebooting]

"If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you, too?"

One of these reasons is that peer pressure could make you conform to what others are doing. This could happen if, say, 3 of my friends decided that stealing from the local store made them cool. I knew that it was wrong. However, they continually pressured me to come with them. This type of peer pressure could make you do bad things you wouldn't normally do just because others want you to do it.

Another reason that peer pressure is harmful is that it, like I briefly mentioned above, it can force you to do things you wouldn't normally do. For example, all my friends decide that writing mean notes to other kids in our class is cool and funny. I know that this is wrong, but they force me to write the notes even though I know it's wrong, and I would never normally do.

The final reason is that it can make you do things that others are doing simply to fit in. This can be very bad, especially if fitting in is the wrong thing to do. Fitting in can make you do bad things, simply because others are doing it and you don't want to feel left out. Fitting in is a powerful thing; you don't want to ever feel left out, no matter what.

While peer pressure has some benefits, like encouraging you to try new things that others like as well, we know that peer pressure isn't beneficial. It can force you to do bad things you'd never normally do, make you do things just to fit in, or make you conform to what others are doing. For these reasons, peer pressure is harmful.

@BuildASnowman
@Intellection74
@KVJ
@LazyLizard
@Giraffedolphin26
@Malie
@Kiwicute2016
@TigerLils
@PopTart0219
@Lightningstrike
@PerfectPanda24

Can anyone write the three points? Reply if you are so there isn't a confusion. It's taking up time that BAS isn't doing it, and there might be points taken off if you don't write your points soon.

Ok, I think I got them.

Answer this honestly. You don't have to tell us if you don't want to, but would you be more likely to change if a sign said "change your ACs to fans and save energy, saving the world, while saving money!" Or if it said "change your ACs to fans and join the millions of people worldwide who are converting to fans to save the world and energy!" ? Probably the second one. Studies show people are more likely to change to fans if they here about all the people who are doing it, and Believe it or not, that is actually considered peer pressure! We are here to present our idea of why peer pressure is beneficial!

•we first want to say that pressure can pressure you to do somthing good, and can help you keep up and work harder. If your friends get good grades, or always follow the rules, you may feel pressured to do the same thing, and you work hard to be like them. It's like looking up to your friends, and trying to be like them! It may not seem like peer pressure, but it is! Remember that Peer pressure isn't pressuring you to do bad things!

• also, Peer pressure can also show you how to act in social situations. Your peers may tell you that you should or shouldn't do somthing, and you feel pressured to listen to them. Yep, that's also considered peer pressure. Your friends may have just saved you from a potentially embarrassing or scarring moment! Their behavior reflects yours, so you're more susceptible to reflect good behavior while around good peers to fit in.

• lastly, you may be more able to tolerate pain, and peer pressure can make you stronger! .A study was once done showing that when one was receiving mild electric shocks, he seemed to feel it less when watching a screen of peers who seemed to be receiving the same shocks than when he watched a screen of people feeling no pain at all, even if the shocks were the same each time. This makes you feel stronger, and if you think you are stronger, you can stand up for yourself more!
source: brandongaille.com

And we say, for those reasons, Peer pressure is indeed beneficial

Team Blue: @BuildASnowman
@Intellection74
@KVJ
@LazyLizard
@Giraffedolphin26
@Malie
@Kiwicute2016
@TigerLils
@PopTart0219
@Lightningstrike
@PerfectPanda24
@OrangeScent1

Team Red: @Gilbert189
@Caramel_Puffin
@RubyStars
@GysvANDRegulus
@AHappyCoder
@Bananadog
@codingCupcake123
@Maltese
@smishsmash
@bluedogmc-official
@cherrycupcake
@Candycane

It's now rebuttal time! Attack your opponent's points and have arguments with each other, but don't rage pls k thicks

You can also make new points as well, just continue and flow with the debate!

Ok team red,
You know when you said your friends were all writing mean notes? And you felt you were forced to do it as well? Those don't sound like great friends. Just don't be friends with them. You could even just turn them in to the teacher. After all, they are bad friends. That will make you be more careful in choosing your next friends, which will make you have great friends, which guess what? Is beneficial. It started off bad, as bad peer pressure, but it ends well!

And this?

First off, they're not good people, not good friends, don't be friends with them, choose your new friends better, have better friends.
And also, if you do give in, you will probably have consequences. You learn from mistakes. This experience taught you a lot. You know not to do it again. You become stronger through the experience. You can stand up for yourself better, stand up for your beliefs and values. And that's beneficial. It always ends beneficial. The light at the end of the tunnel.

"If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you, too?" Heck no

One of these reasons is that peer pressure could make you conform to what others are doing. This could happen if, say, 3 of my friends decided that stealing from the local store made them cool. I knew that it was wrong. However, they continually pressured me to come with them. This type of peer pressure could make you do bad things you wouldn't normally do just because others want you to do it. Why wouldn't you tell someone about it though

Another reason that peer pressure is harmful is that it, like I briefly mentioned above, it can force you to do things you wouldn't normally do. For example, all my friends decide that writing mean notes to other kids in our class is cool and funny. I know that this is wrong, but they force me to write the notes even though I know it's wrong, and I would never normally do. Yeah, they'll hate you, but don't do this if you know it's mean ten tell someone

The final reason is that it can make you do things that others are doing simply to fit in. This can be very bad, especially if fitting in is the wrong thing to do. Fitting in can make you do bad things, simply because others are doing it and you don't want to feel left out. Fitting in is a powerful thing; you don't want to ever feel left out, no matter what. I mean, sometimes you really just feel super outcasted and want to have friends and want to be with people, so fitting in can be good for you

While peer pressure has some benefits, like encouraging you to try new things that others like as well, we know that peer pressure isn't beneficial. It can force you to do bad things you'd never normally do, make you do things just to fit in, or make you conform to what others are doing. For these reasons, peer pressure is harmful. Yeah but peer pressure is also good for all the reasons my team formulated and not myself!!

Okay, the argument here isn't about if they're good friends.

Sure, you learn from mistakes, but it still happened. Once you do it, you can't undo it. Sure, it's beneficial to learn, but is actually doing the bad thing beneficial?

And when you fit in, you don't always want to do the crazy things the "cool kids" do. They're crazy. When you fit in, it doesn't mean you're cool. It just means people don't judge you as much. But you don't have to do bad things to keep that title. Be strong. You can fight it off. Talk to a teacher. Learn a bit. And again, it ends beneficial

But it doesn't matter if it doesn't always happen, it still does.

It doesn't matter how much you learn from it if you did the wrong thing, no matter how many times you did it, or how severe it was.

Doing the bad thing itself, yes, it may be harmful, but you said it yourself. You can't undo it. You can only move forward. And forward you go, and learn.

@Lightningstrike ur getting deeply roasted

I noticed.

Any help here?

We are put talking about going forward.

Peer pressure is harmful because it can make you do a bad thing. It doesn't matter if you learn from it because even if you move forward, you still did the bad thing.

That was supposed to be a roasted chicken omg

K I'll find something

Sometimes those bad things can really hurt you. People can die, go to jail- their whole life can be ruined from one bad experience that they were pressured into.

@PopTart0219 a roasted badly drawn duck XD

In the moment it may seem bad, but really, you can't stop time.

Ok so it happened. What happens that makes it bad?

sum one halp meh

Nice arguments guys! Remember to back your arguments with evidence, it makes it 1000 times as strong!

Ex. "Studies have shown that... 100% of readers like to read" or "For example, on Google.com I have found that bacteria eats your face." And quotes and stuff

What happened that made it bad?

It could be something that changes your life for the worse, or even ends it. Because of one thing that you were pressured into doing.