Dear, The hopscotch team, I've got a problem on the forum

Thank you for promoting me to be the new user of the month, but that is not what this is about. Every year I have been on hopscotch, I always change my name to EarlyStudios and then the year on the end of the name, but on the forum you can’t do that. What I am politely trying to say is that I want my name on the forum to be changed to “EarlyStudios” and no year on the bottom of the name. I know that it could possibly break the tags but we don’t want our name to be EarlyStudios2017 when it’s 2018. Hopefully at least one of you amazing people can help us: @Liza @system @asha @thomas @rodrigo @discobot and many others.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

@discobot display help

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

@t1_hopscotch you can ask t1 if you want to change it, but I already think you made a topic on this, so you don’t need another one. :wink:

Also, now you’ve been here a little while it could break the tagging system if you change your name from @Earlystudios2017 (which currently tags you) to @Earlystudios which would become a tag.

Maybe you can try making a new account? no, u would lose your badges and topics, likes, everything

@Kiwicute2013 did that.

But changing your name lags the forum too much.

Changing your name is possible, but only moderators and very new users can do that since it breaks the tag system.

Yeah, I’m aware of that ;]

I would just start a new account. It’s better to make a new account sooner than later because if you get the regular bagge on here, (after like a month and a half of good activity) it would be a shame to give up the account after spending that whole time earning the badge.

If you start fresh though, you can work on earning it with you new account. Up to you though! :D

that paragraph made better sense in my head

What’s this?? I haven’t heard of this before.

Please don’t make duplicate topics.

You can ask a moderator to change your name, but if you do it, it will break your tags, so moderators don’t do that much. I think that you sadly need to have your name “Earlystudios2017” left for a while.

It’s a thing that u get

Nah, it would not really break the tag system. It would probably just be annoying for people to change it every 2 minutes. I think that the moderators at the time were just forced to make a reason for it so people wouldn’t get upset, and it’s stuck. :+1:

Change My Username - Request

HOW DID YOU CHANGE YOUR NAME!!! Thats so cool!

Idk. It just happened

Someone did it…

You’ve got a problem PERIOD