Daily Icebreaker Chat Room

what an interesting topic isn’t it

6 Likes

me being the book nerd i am am going to start referencing keeper of the lost cities & percy jackson way too much
okay so gusters, the manipulation of wind seems pretty useless to me. i mean, woohoo, it’s windy now! /sarc. also the children of hypnos in pjo have some pretty cool dream powers but one i think is sort of strange is the fact that they can put someone to sleep. i do understand how this could be helpful but honestly it’s just not really that cool of a power, imo.

5 Likes

making ppl do anything u want

ya u will probably be dizzy
and choosing the weather bcz some ppl would come up to u n say “can u make it snow tmro? plsss” and some will say “can u make it sunny tmro?? plsss”

I heard ppl say italian pizza is more delicious so I still choose italian:)

5 Likes

and unfortunately, some people say, why require the powers for that? [i just explained all of human conflict in history, you’re welcome]

5 Likes

rounds of applause lol

3 Likes

@Icebreakers If you were a master at coding and the sky is the limit, what are some crazy ideas you would make?

[1]

1. This has been posted on behalf of users, by Leaders. To submit an icebreaker, post in Icebreaker Submissions. ↩︎

14 Likes

a remake of every (actually decent, not random) project i’ve ever made that works exactly as how i’d wanted it to in the beginning

8 Likes

A game inside a game inside a game inside a game…

6 Likes

Are you talking about the puzzle game?

9 Likes

Maybe… by Sam Hogan?

4 Likes

I have this really cool Pokémon style game (and I wanna make an rpg game but I can combined the two) but I don’t think I have the skill yet to make it

5 Likes

Yes, that and Patrick’s Parabox.

6 Likes

Slime World!

Collect slimes!

Complete your Slimeapedia!

Harvest plants and slimes!

Breed slimes!

Explore worlds with your slimes!

Befriend your slimes!

Fight bosses to save the Slimelands!

Save slimes from Corruption!

Destroy the Corruption source!

Find other humans!

Go through an exciting 2d pixel art Platformer world!

Explore hidden islands!

Play Slime World now!!!

8 Likes

I guess this is a quick list of some things I’d like to be able to do

Here’s what I’d want to make:

• I’d like to recreate a game inspired by Sky: Children of the Light, Harvest Moon and Minecraft, but no economy and it’s open-ended exploring and collaboration

• I’d like to make an open-ended cooking game

• I’d like to make physical electronic gadgets that I can code, like a handheld version of this project (was also inspired by Sky: Children of the Light)

Here’s what I’d want to know and learn:

• I’d like to work on things like Dynamicland (real life computing) and Croquet (instant multiplayer & collaboration) and exploring more of the powerful ideas like object-oriented programming

• I’d like to read more of the papers at Viewpoints Research Institute, but alas it takes time (some of this work inspired the things at Hopscotch and learning environments before Hopscotch)

• I’d like to explore more of Pharo Smalltalk and Squeak Smalltalk to better understand ideas around computing environments and object-oriented programming

• I’d like to read more books (including the rest of Molecular Biology of the Cell) understand many other topics better (e.g. electrical engineering, motion physics, biology, maths, etc.)

5 Likes

music creator app in hopscotch (aka garageband but less confusing if you are not sure to understand what im saying)

4 Likes

Minecraft in hopscotch

3 Likes

honestly i would code a game that is extremely realistic so people could live a second life and relive stress and anxiety through a online world althought this is differnt from meta as meta is a online world while this would be a personal world that you can control rules and live in, whoever you want whatever places you want what ever physic laws anything you want you can have

5 Likes

A simulation of being a cat?
Idk that was my very first idea that I knew I couldn’t do when I got into coding :/

6 Likes

@SmilingPotatoes i know you are a minority so im sure youre very cultured unlike me, which i think is super cool and awesome! Id love to see you answer this question? what’s your favorite food? I like Mexican food like chipotle (its a little spicy but the seasoning is amazzzinggg)

6 Likes

a new pokémon game with new pokémon because why not

9 Likes