Custom sound bank

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

Custom sound bank

I’d use it for this type of project:

Any project with sound

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this:

We could have more sound engaging projects

Here is an example design I’ve made:

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this:

Scratch?

I have seen lots of topics where people want Custom sounds but there is one problem, custom sounds would be hard to filter, having to check if the sound is appropriate or not. So instead there could be a sound bank. Ok so basically how this works is there’s a large bank of sounds that you can access and use sounds from into your hopscotch projects. The unique feature to this is people can upload custom sounds to it for everyone to access so that was sounds only need to be filtered once, when they go into the bank.

• Good idea
  • I’m confused (reply below)
  • Nah

0 voters

11 Likes

There’s already like 10 topics about this.
But good idea, although there could be scary sounds in it, so THT needs to approve it.

Edit:

Didn’t read all of it, because I just got a reply.

5 Likes

i like the sound of that!
nice topic!

5 Likes

ohh, so like how you can access external images in advanced mode?

5 Likes

Yes you can make your own sounds and have them in the sounds bank.

5 Likes

maybe a little similar :>
merge?

3 Likes

And maybe you can have a private sound bank so only you can access it? Honestly this is a really good idea and this should also be for custom images.

The issue I have for it all being public is that for me a main reason of making custom sounds is to not have the same sounds as other people making my game different, but if we were forced to publicly share it all other people would have the same sound. People could just videotape the sound and Re upload it which is a whole issue itself but it would make it harder to have a bunch of games with the same audio, as that takes some work.

4 Likes

I have read this, this is an evolution

3 Likes

ok

3 Likes

Idea: just create more sounds??? (raw idea, and it may not solve all of the issues xD)

2 Likes