Custom Preview Image

Hi, I’ve seen a few projects in hopscotch that have a preview image that is never seen when playing the project. Example: I make a project containing only 2 robots spinning forever. But, my preview image shows 3 bears, but there is no bears inside my project. Can somebody please tell me how to do this? :slight_smile: Thanks in advance!

8 Likes

I think you mean custom thumbnails
That’s easy
Hide a secret button in a place no one can accidentally tap, then when that’s tapped, either the scene changes to a thumbnail or make all objects set invisibility 100/destroy then make some previously hidden objects set invisibility 0

5 Likes

I second all of that

4 Likes

But i’ve seen one and I looked in the code and opened a scene called something that indicates that it is the custom thumbnail (it was a while ago, so I can’t remember the name). And in that custom thumbnail scene, there was nothing!

6 Likes

Well then the object was hidden
To find a hidden text just add an object, tap its see code then tap the eye icon
Then scroll to see if there are any other objects

3 Likes

Checked that

4 Likes

Is there maybe some secret button in the publisher?

3 Likes

Huh
Then there must be a hidden object in the first scene

2 Likes

No, but with some hacking you can change a thumbnail

2 Likes

Nope! I was totally confused, so I actually checked every single scene!

3 Likes

Is that allowed?

3 Likes

Well it’s not harmful in any way

2 Likes

But isn’t it kinda like breaking THT’s rules? The project was actually featured!

3 Likes

So, wouldn’t THT check for hacking?

3 Likes

it’s not “hacking”, it means they use a “trick” with code

3 Likes

Guess so…

3 Likes

Just checked and found the code

4 Likes

Well I guess it’s doing something that is not supposed to happen usually so hacking?
Kinda hacking
Hacking’s not always bad

3 Likes

@The_Electogenius @waffle

But actually that can’t be allowed, because I can use the Beta editor for free… if I really wanted to… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

I just figured it out! It uses some weird Start➡️ Variables!

4 Likes