Custom image folders in the editor

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

Folders in the object menu for organizing images uploaded to the editor.

I’d use it for this type of project:

Literally any project I’m uploading a bunch of images for, so I don’t have to scroll through the object editor too much.

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this:

Projects with a lot of images, like in my Seed Developer Program project. Can others can access the editor in this project? I don’t know, but I probably have at least 50 images in there and folders would have been super helpful to reduce the amount of scrolling needed and to organize all the images.

Here is an example design I’ve made:

(The Shoes folder is closed and the Hats folder is open.)

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this:

I haven’t seen anything in other programming languages; this is a UI suggestion rather than a block suggestion.

13 Likes

that’d be nice

5 Likes

I like this idea. Folders are always handy and I remember I had to scroll through a ton of dialogue images for one project, which was a pain.

As an add on to this: what if you could click an image in the menu to preview it in full before using it? Useful if you have a lot of similar looking images and need to grab a specific one.

6 Likes

Yeah that would be cool, and you could draw on the image then too and not just when you first add the image.

4 Likes

Folders would really help, I would have definitely found this useful in my seed project which also has a ton of images

2 Likes

it would also be nice if you could import images from google as I don’t like saving a ton of pictures to photos to find 1 good image (one without a background)
it’s a pain to delete them all

3 Likes

There’s a few good transparency editors online that seem to actually work well with Hs, idk if I can say the sites here though. Just search up image transparency editor

4 Likes

Or u can use an app like magic ereaser (THT uses em)

3 Likes

Even though I can’t afford HS Custom Images, that’s still a great idea, @tankt2016!

3 Likes

cool

2 Likes