Curation button in HS

I really like this idea! It would probably make it easier for the curators to find cool projects from new Hopscotchers too.

5 Likes

Thanks bro! It means a lot that you said that! Thank you for your time

-Albus

5 Likes

Couldn’t this be spammed?

1 Like

Easily. But almost anything can be spammed tho.

2 Likes

What if it was a switch? Like I recommend to THT yes/no when exiting the project?

1 Like

But then you can go on and off multiple times, spammin.g (apparently this word gets filtered) yes/no. And even if they have a one vote per hopscotcher thing, people can still create multiple hopscotch accounts, and spam it that way.

Remember what happened with trending.

1 Like

Trending was awesome, I ACTUALLY earned it several times. Also what if the nomination was done by device instead of acc? The same could go for likes etc, that would eliminate users giving themselves a ton of likes, though 2 or 3 wouldn’t be un common

1 Like

Is this possible?

1 Like

Yeah, about that, I remember I used to create all these made up accounts to spam-like and spam-remix my own projects to get them on the top of that tab. I was so idiotic back then.

3 Likes

I made this project one day in 2016 called “pre election kids only” or something, and I was getting 10 remixes a day lol. That was amazing. It got like 75 likes on the op, but remixes were getting trending to. I had at some point 3 of te project on trending @ once

Should be, if u check ip? Hs used to be one acc per Device

I don’t even know how to create an account without having a subscription. Is that even possible anymore?

3 Likes

This is out of date. Is there an updated version?

1 Like

Trending was awesome, but it was easily exploited and most of it was art.

3 Likes

Wuts wrong w/ art? If that’s what the community likes, then why not give it to them?

They could do 1/2 nominations a day, and if they’ve already nominated it, they can’t renominate.
It could be done through ip adreses but people could just use a vpn and it may not be fair to families with more than one kiddo using hs

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with art, it’s just it clogged trending and prevented coders from getting their games or projects noticed. Not only that, but I think people took advantage of the exploit once they found out about it

2 Likes

Makes sense.

1 Like

I know I did. Wish I hadn’t, though. Wasn’t a very honest way to get noticed.

1 Like