Curated projects getting buried 😱

My idea is very simple but I think it needs to be on HS! You know how when you update a game it appears at the top of the # you used and in newest? Well why not do the same for masterpieces, excellent, and rising! A lot of old games that get updated get buried far down which makes them hard to find even though they still are actively updating! This would encourage people to update their projects as not many people do it.
@ShiningStars

• WE NEED THIS!
  • Maybe
  • No :<

0 voters

7 Likes

This used to belong on HS, dunno why it was removed…

9 Likes

probably because some people were updating their projects and adding nothing just so its bopped to the top of the list, dragging attention away from newer curated projects.

so although this seems like a good idea, it can be easily exploited just to get more attention

11 Likes

Then projects maybe go through moderation after an update to check if it changed something to decide if it should go to the top

5 Likes

they happened as well --all updates ask always get filtered and moderated-- but they dont reject them unless they’re inappropriate

the algorithm for order is also automatically so whatever exceptions you have to make, youd have to either do automatically or code something to automate it for you
which just isnt viable with the size of the team, and if they’re gonna focus on coding in a new system, it’s gonna be for a new feature or a major quality of life update

7 Likes

When was it removed?

4 Likes

i don’t think that they should be bumped up every time, that moves the spotlight to that project many times, and should only be at the top for a little while so new projects can get some attention.

however, i do think that this is a good idea with some changes.

6 Likes

It was changed after discussion here:

It used to sort by which project was most recently updated, in those curated channels. But people would keep updating their projects to stay near the top, which would hide the other more recently-curated projects.

I guess there are pros and cons for both sorting methods — it would be nice to have user preferences at some stage

6 Likes

I have an idea! What if twice a week you could choose to publish with a “big update” where it would bring it to the top of the curated categories but since it’s only twice a week people can’t really abuse it? And it’s without limiting people from updating their games

2 Likes

usually bursts of curated projects are added less than twice than week, so maybe a bit longer?
i do like that idea though.

but why would not being at the very top limit people from updating?
edit: sorry i read that wrong, ignore the sentence above

3 Likes

This is a interesting discussion

2 Likes