Crosbyman64's “STAR-LINK: A Platformer” Beta Testing Topic

What’s new in v0.1.47? (Remember that the link is in my user card)

• Added Screen Shake effect. This occurs from ground slamming any solid tile, which gives the illusion of intensity from the impact.

Tag List
@Nameless_gamer
@Willowmoon
@FearlessPhoenix
@0Author-Detective0
@GweTV
@Aqua
@SilverSong
@990867
@NTh3R
@Kaila808
@GOATGAMES
@Slothy
@AdminCod3R
@The_Electogenius
@Ostrich
@DaughterOfHecate
@creationsofavillager
@AECREATION
@BG_Studios
@Yuanyuan

9 Likes

I usually get around 40 - 50 FPS

3 Likes

That’s a pretty good framerate. RonAstern123’s FPS in STAR-LINK is around 18-24 FPS

6 Likes

Mine is really laggy but I have an old device

5 Likes

Can remove me from tag list please?

2 Likes

Yeah, forgot to remove it when copying…

2 Likes

Updated Tag List:

Tag List
@Nameless_gamer
@Willowmoon
@FearlessPhoenix
@0Author-Detective0
@GweTV
@Aqua
@SilverSong
@990867
@NTh3R
@Kaila808
@GOATGAMES
@Slothy
@AdminCod3R
@The_Electogenius
@Ostrich
@DaughterOfHecate
@AECREATION
@BG_Studios

3 Likes

Can you add me in?

1 Like

Sure.

Do you think I should ask for a new group tag for this purpose?

can you remove me from tag list pls? Sry i won’t be active a lot

2 Likes

@Heracc I have a new group tag called @/StarCreativityGroup, so if you want to be tagged for future STAR-LINK updates, consider joining. If you are unable to for some reason, let me or PumpkinGirl know.

1 Like

All of the intended tiles have been added to STAR-LINK. I felt that 25 tiles were plenty. I can start on the level editor simply by copying the tiles and tile decor and removing its collision code and animations, as these will only need to be used while playing the level(s). A lot of things will need to be done such as tile placement, removal, changing tiles, assigning buttons to doors, changing size and position, and much more, so the Level Editor won’t be available for a while, most likely 3-4 months, if not, more…

1 Like

What’s new in v0.1.60?

• Added Area 4, Levels 1-4 for the community to try out. Boss Level will come later. Check out the gameplay video here.

@StarCreativityGroup

Sorry about the double tag, Fearless & SilverSong.

6 Likes

I loooooveeee the camera shake when you ground slam

I need to play that game again

2 Likes

You can actually play the game using the link in my user card (bio). Camera Shake was added in v0.1.47.

You can also see all versions from 0.1.47 and beyond by going to Options > Version History, then using the arrows to cycle through all versions. The version that will show first is the current version of the game: 0.1.60

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for that, I’m gonna check that out today

1 Like

Watching the gameplay was more entertaining than I thought it would be, so great job on that!
Can’t wait for the Boss Level!

1 Like

Thanks, I’m glad you like it. What was your favorite part of the video?

2 Likes

No problem!
And I’m one of those people who find it hard to pick their favorite part :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@StarCreativityGroup

due to an iOS beta software based bug that is causing the project to freeze for me whenever I tap the screen, which has nothing to due with the application itself, the project will temporarily have the title “BROKEN” until further notice.

4 Likes