Crosbyman64's “STAR-LINK: A Platformer” Beta Testing Topic

I decided to open up a beta testing topic early.

Here is where you can share your suggestions and bug reports for Star-Link: A Platformer. The game is still in development, so everything is subject to change. This includes the addition of menus, levels, bosses, and more…

• I would like to Beta
  • Accidental Vote

0 voters

Tag you for updates?
  • Yes, Please
  • No, Thank You

0 voters

Should I use scenes for different menus? No additional clones will be created because it will stop cloning when there is a set number of them…
  • Definitely
  • No, stick to just one scene

0 voters

Link to the latest version:

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/11jjidlngl

@omtl

13 Likes

You should do however many scenes makes it easier for you.

4 Likes

With the scenes thing, it depends on if you have the pro editor, otherwise, scenes can’t be updated and it’s a bit of extra work having to use AE’s shortcut to be editing the scenes all the time.

But if you have the sub, go ahead, makes things 100x easier

2 Likes

I definitely have the sub because I have some custom imagery, which for some reason needs the sub despite the fact it costs 50 seeds without it…

Oh, and I have the scenes button…

2 Likes

I might request a tag called “StarCreativityGroup” (SCG for short) later to make tagging the ones who want to be tagged a lot easier for me…

3 Likes

Maybe you could put all the tags in a poll, and bookmark that post (after the tags are already in it, not just the poll), so every time you need to tag, you just copy the tags.

And you save yourself a tag list if you ever need one.

2 Likes

I actually copy my tags to notes, then copy and paste when needed. It’s what I did for StarCourse…

2 Likes

Ok :ok_hand:

2 Likes
1 Like

Is there anything other than the 1st level?

2 Likes

The area shown is called “Test Room”. This is where you can test every single tile in the game. The levels will look completely different…

This is the only one so far, I’m adding the tiles first before I add the levels…

2 Likes

Note: it says v0.0.46 because the new version is not yet approved.

What’s New?

• Minor Bug Fixes
    • The pause glitch is now completely patched this time
    • Player’s Shockwave will now appear when collision occurs with any object

Tags:
@Nameless_gamer
@Willowmoon
@FearlessPhoenix
@0Author-Detective0
@GweTV
@Aqua
@SilverSong
@990867
@NTh3R
@Kaila808
@GOATGAMES
@Slothy
@AdminCod3R
@The_Electogenius
@Ostrich
@DaughterOfHecate

11 Likes

what’s the button that makes your screen go red for?

5 Likes

That’s Echolocation. It makes all invisible platforms appear.

i.e., if you respawned from what seemed to be thin air, then you touched an invisible spike.

5 Likes

Ohhhhhhhh okay cool

5 Likes

Anyone got anymore ideas for tiles? If not, I will add the checkpoint and goal, maybe some collectibles, then I will start designing some levels and menus…

2 Likes

Maybe water

Like cool water physics*

2 Likes

Sounds cool, but at the moment it is a bit too advanced for me…

2 Likes

Ok then I would stop

2 Likes

Oh actually I got an idea

2 Likes