Credits section in hopscotch

My idea is a section of a hopscotch project that is designed for giving credit, a bit like in scratch, and this would encourage hopscotchers to do it. You could access the credits through the project like this

And it might look something like this (taken from scratch)

The tags at the top are sort of prompts for ideas of what to give credit for. You wouldn’t have to use these tags, or give credit at all for a project, but almost all projects have something that was helped by someone else.

When you give credit, you can @ someone’s username and it will appear in their notifications. If someone was getting too many, they could term it off.

An idea for another way of accessing the credits when playing the project is having a block called ‘show credits’ and another called ‘hide credits’

What do you think about this? Didn’t find a topic already with this idea, but tell me if I’m wrong

24 Likes

Noice photoshop skills

3 Likes

I second that

nice idea

4 Likes

I half second this

3 Likes

Or you could third it?

3 Likes

that’s a good idea

6 Likes

Nice idea

I thought this was already a topic, I guess not.

1 Like

Good idea. It would encourage hopscotchers to give credit to others if they borrowed code.

3 Likes

This would be awesome!
@yuanyuan and @AwesomeOnion
I absolutely love this idea!

5 Likes

Yes agreed! So would the credits option only show up when someone remix’s? Or would it be there for the original user?

3 Likes

It would be there for the original user to edit in the draft. That screenshot would be if they wanted to edit them after publishing

2 Likes

This nice idea, it can annoying text there. Nice topic

2 Likes

This is a really cool idea, ans I like it a lot. It’d be super easy to use (more so than manually coding it into the project) and it’d definitely encourage giving credit

5 Likes

I just came back from rickrolling people on my beta testing topic

Oh ok so the original user could also use the credits screen for their credits? I like the idea. Where would you view the credits?

1 Like

Basically as the person viewing the project you can either:

1. Click on the … and then view credits
  2. If they have incorporated the show credits block into their project you can view the credits in the project
2 Likes

Noice topic also I love this idea, hopefully THT could add this into a future update. I like your photoshopping skills, they are great!

Edited

3 Likes