Creators Approve All Remixes Idea

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is:

Every time someone remixes a project, the “heads up: this has to be reviewed” pops up and the original creator has to approve it.

I’d use it for this type of project:

Everything.

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this:

• It would limit chatting in the app and role playing
  • Have some artists code their own art pad
  • Have the creator of the original project be able to approve whenever someone else wants to use their project.

Since the tag doesn’t show up anymore when someone remixes something, then this would mean that if the project got on masterpiece, the creator would have already approved it

Here is an example design I’ve made:

I’ve seen something similar in another programming languages, it looks like this:

When THT has to approve the project when it has images and that sort of stuff

Also, if the user hasn’t posted in over, I don’t know 5-6 months, then the project would be approved anyways and the creator would get a notification that it was approved, but if the user comes on and sees the project that the remixer remixed and the creator does not approve, then they can disapprove and the project would be unpublished if the project was made less than six months ago.

I am sure that there is a lot of problems with this idea, but it is a good start.

• This is a good idea!
  • This is a bad idea.

0 voters

14 Likes

Me stealing first post

Anyways THT would have to fix the remix thing

4 Likes

This is an interesting idea, though if a project is on Masterpiece or Excellent, and enough people remix it, it could swamp the creator’s notifications.

5 Likes

Yeah, that would be true. Maybe a little button that shows you all of the remixes of their project/s that you need to approve

4 Likes

Possibly, yeah. Maybe you could have custom settings where you can give a pass to certain creators or customize the notifications for remixes.

5 Likes

That would not help w/ chatting @ all tho

4 Likes

Or you can have the watermark in the corner and the creator can turn it on or off

4 Likes

The point is not to prevent chatting. You’re going to always have a few people (probably more) who chat on the app.

Giving passes to certain creators you deem fit (who have proven that they code and not chat)

4 Likes

Like the team does that? Or private users?

2 Likes

I remix my own project a lot so it would be nice if the notification for those came immediately

2 Likes

I was thinking private users

2 Likes

Wdym?

Only the original creator of the project can give out a pass

3 Likes

But if I’m chatting w/ Amanda, Billie, and Fred. I’ll just give them all the pass, and anyone else who wants too chat can’t @ that point

2 Likes

There should be a limit to how many passes you can give in a certain time (ex. a week, month, etc.)

3 Likes

Less chatting = more coding + less drama
Less drama = less banning
Less banning = more users
More users = more coding

1 Like

yaaaaaaaay problem solved

2 Likes

Soo good
So nobody will NEVER EVER CHEAT IN MY GAME USING CODE

2 Likes

Interesting…

2 Likes

What if someone was inactive, or if someone wanted to make a drawing (@ellatm), what would they do?

The creator would be inactive and would not be able to approve it…

4 Likes

Woa imagine you spent 1039303900 hours on a drawing then the creator rejects it
Bruh

4 Likes