Create custom "variable groups"

So while I was s̶t̶e̶a̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶o̶d̶e̶ exploring other projects codes I noticed a thing where there was “custom variable groups”
Sorry if it’s an obvious question but I really don’t have any clue of how this is done

4 Likes

can you take a picture of it? i seriously have no idea what you’re talking about

and use <s></s> to do this (i saw you tried to do that in the op)

4 Likes

They are basic, so they are unable to post images at the moment.

2 Likes

Can you provide a pre-formatted link to the project you saw this in? Tap </> to do so.

like this: https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/
3 Likes

Here is a photo

There is like a billion of these

2 Likes

hmm I always have wondered too

2 Likes

@GalaxyBoi i think that’s how old Hopscotch is working, but i need someone else who started coding when hs is created to confirm what i’m saying

(@FearlessPhoenix @Awesome_E haha)

1 Like

This is an older version of Hopscotch, where every object used to have its own variables. Each tab on the bottom is really an object, not a “custom” group. Nowadays, this is all consolidated into one “OBJECTS” tab when you enter a variable.

When putting in an object variable now, you can specify which object you’re referring to, i.e. “(Gorilla) Lives”. Previously, if you wanted an object variable to work for two different objects, you would need to create that same variable under every object you wanted to have that variable.

4 Likes

Hi @GalaxyBoi! You marked the post above as a solution. Do you mind me closing this topic then? That’ll mark it more clearly as solved since no one can post until the topic is reopened again.

1 Like

Sure, you can close it!

1 Like