Create a project featuring a panda!

This competition is started by me (@HapPI314) and all the currencies, rewards, and prizes are handled by me, not Hopscotch. You can find other similar self-started events in the latest #competitions-and-events or #shops-and-requests topics, or even start one yourself. Because this is started by me, Hopscotch and the forum leaders are not involved or responsible in any of the transactions here.

ᑕᖇEᗩTE ᗩ ᑭᖇOᒍEᑕT ᖴEᗩTᑌᖇIᑎG ᗩ ᑭᗩᑎᗪᗩ

As an early celebration for my birthday, I am hosting a competition involving one of my favourite animals, a panda! There will be two categories to compete in, coded art and games. To participate, you must submit a project featuring any type of panda (giant panda, red panda), between
2022-09-06T03:00:00Z2022-10-30T13:00:00Z

I am the only judge in this competition, and you can only submit one project into each of the following categories:

Coded Art

All art projects (art pads, trail art, shape art, pixel art) will be judged by these elements:

• Creativity (how much creativity is shown in this coded art?)
    Up to 20 points

• Originality (how original is this coded art? Did you use a template you made yourself? Or did you use someone else’s? Note: If I see another project with the same template, points may be deducted)
    Up to 20 points

• Complexity (how complex is this coded art? Does it use any non-manually created strings? How many colours does it contain?)
    Up to 20 points

• Panda Features (how well does it showcase a panda, does it only have it in the background, or is it the main element? Note: subtleness will be expected, over-the-top panda features may get points deducted) Up to 40 points

Games

All games will be judged by these elements:

• Fun (how fun is it to play this game?) Up to 20 points

• Complexity (how complex is the game?) Up to 20 points

• Originality (did you come up with your own idea, or did you copy someone else’s idea) Up to 20 points

• Panda Features (how well does it showcase a panda, is it a side character, or a main character? Note: subtleness is expected, over-the-top features may result in points being deducted) Up to 40 points

Prizes

Note that these prizes are for all the projects, not for each category, as the categories are there to see the variety of projects

1st place:

1 pixel art request, trail art request and pfp request from me
Simple pixel art request, simple drawing request from @moocow
30 seeds from me
50 seeds from @/Henry

2nd place:

1 pixel art request, pfp request from me
simple drawing request from @moocow
20 seeds from me
20 seeds from @/Dragongirl1264
3rd place:

1 pixel art request from me
10 seeds from me

• I’ll give out prizes!
  • I’ll participate!
  • I might participate…

0 voters

@/HappyPandas

11 Likes

Awesome :panda_face:

I think only thing is, it might be worth using plain text in the title, so that people can search for the topic easily (e.g. when linking)

Edit: Ah wait it seems to be searchable

10 Likes

is it intentional that 3rd gets more seeds than second? i think it should be the other way around lol
or is it meant to say 20 not 2

4 Likes

Yeah lol
Fixed!

2 Likes

I will be participating ^^

3 Likes

Just to remind everyone, only CODED art will be accepted, that means no drawing created on an art pad, unless you code the art pad yourself and publish it

4 Likes

Cool! I might enter if I have time and inspiration

3 Likes

@Henry, what prize would you be willing to give?

3 Likes

50 seeds to the winner

4 Likes

i’ll add 20 more seeds to second :D

4 Likes

Nice, I will join. But let me think what project should I make :thinking:

4 Likes

Thanks @Henry and @Dragongirl1264!

4 Likes

Should I shorten the deadline at all?

2 Likes

no- it’ll probably attract nore people if they have things on now and can code it later in the comp. happens to be my case, i’ll be entering for sure now!

2 Likes

@HapPI314, I’ll grant a simple pixel art request and a simple drawing request to the winner, a simple drawing request to second.

2 Likes

@HapPI314 - for coded art- i present to you, Panda-Pad! people have already used this as an art pad so i hope that doesn’t count as a template.

3 Likes

i love the cursor in isnbn lol

4 Likes