Copy and Paste blocks in the web editor!

Hey Hops,

It’s that time of the year again – my last week interning at Hopscotch for this summer. I’m super glad to have gotten to work on the web editor, and I’m really excited to see where Hopscotch goes in the coming months!

This week, we focused on lots of the initial bugs that you’ve reported to us, as well as some key new features. Here’s a list of everything in this week’s release:

• You can now copy and paste operators and blocks in the web editor!
  • The webplayer should no longer prevent you from tapping on the publish confirmation button (courtesy of @Silvia, @Crosbyman64, and several others)
  • The web editor is no longer broken on Firefox (courtesy of @Rawrbear)
  • The scene selector now refreshes when you open a scene parameter (courtesy of @Spy_Guy_96 and @StarlightStudios)
  • The when object is cloned rule is no longer missing from the keyboard (courtesy of @Spy_Guy_96, @Tri-Angle, and a few others)
  • Shape objects are no longer Dashing Ninjas that hide from your stage editor (courtesy of @StarlightStudios)
  • Initial Dark Mode support has been added
  • Squashed @Petrichor’s collection of fun bugs :beetle: :bug:

And for the #codedonweb competition, we’d like to congratulate @StarlightStudios for creating the winning project – Quad Quandary!

Finalists
  1. Quad Quandary V1.0.0 #codedonweb #games #simulation #art #music #story by StarlightStudios
  2. Excape House #codeonweb (demo) by RoadOcean
  3. Breakout #codedonweb by Spy Guy 96
  4. open world draft v2.0 #codedonweb by UniverseStar
  5. Draggable blocks #codedonweb by HyorIsTime
  6. Hot or Cold - #codedonweb by HappyCoder😃🇺🇦
  7. Find phrase in String v2 #codedonweb by Crosbyman64
  8. Time to Day Of Week #codedonweb by Crosbyman64
  9. #art pad #codedonweb by mouldycheese8♏️
27 Likes

:clap: :clap: woohooo bug fixes!!

20 Likes

Awesome (E)

I did not expect to become a finalist, tbh.

There are two projects I think are better than mine, but I’m not going to reveal them in order to keep this fair.

8 Likes

Yessss! This makes the editor a million times better! Congrats to all of the finalists I’m so excited that I won!

Great job on all of the work on HS you’ve done over the summer!

5 Likes

Thank you!

5 Likes

Oh, is that what the numbers meant? I didn’t realize.

Still in 7 and 8, tho.

3 Likes

Yep, they’re in order, but congrats to everyone!

2 Likes

Congrats, Starlight, on your big win. Quad Quandary was definitely a really fun game to play.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! Your “find a phrase” tool is really useful!

3 Likes

Thanks. I got inspiration from a guy who wanted to check for a capital letter (without a bunch of check if else blocks), and a project created by @ThinBuffalo (find index (regex check)).

3 Likes

Yes, I will play it:)
Congrats @StarlightStudios
I am Soo happy to be a finalist
2nd place:)

2 Likes

:frowning: I was too late to enter

2 Likes

@StarlightStudios, great job on winning! Definitely didn’t give you those two plants :eyes:
Edit: Didn’t realise I’m now broke on seeds _(^-^)_/

3 Likes

Lol, thanks!

2 Likes

nice- forgot to finish my project lol

2 Likes

Great job starlight :dizzy:!

This is very useful for editing on the web, I can’t believe how cool the web editor is!

3 Likes

@Awesome_E I found a weird bug: when I copy and paste a bubble block with parameters, the last parameter seems to always reset to the default value, instead of retaining its set value from the copied bubble.

2 Likes

I realized that too – feel free to report in #hopscotch-bugs:web-explorer, as individual tag notifications with bug reports are easy to lose

2 Likes

That’s awesome! E

2 Likes