"Cooldown" on Donating Plants

Hello!

Recently, I’ve been seeing projects with large amounts of seeds, usually gifted within a short period of time. These project have no thumbnail and very few plays. Most of these projects are not well known, and some are basic tutorial projects like the one in this image… I think that it’s the user gifting themselves mushrooms, or using an alt. It’s highly improbable that the project would receive more mushrooms than plays in 4 hours.

This has been going on since plants were created, and many users have climbed the “Most Planted” board because of this. This bring me to my suggestion of a “cooldown” on giving plants. It could either be a cooldown on a specific project, or a general cooldown on giving plants. A basic message like “You’ve performed this action too many times. Please try again in x amount of minutes”

What do you think?

• Yeah, this sounds good
  • Idk

0 voters

@TheMemers

13 Likes

1st post

Should I tag Ana and AwesomeOnion?

3 Likes

A better message for the second half would be “Please try again later”

2 Likes

But the user might not know when they can do it again then

3 Likes

Ok, interesting

2 Likes

That would be the point. To discourage spammers from giving plants too many times in 1 project.

3 Likes

Good point. If you give them a time, they’ll just wait that amount of time and then spam again

2 Likes

A broad range of how long it takes. Don’t want a new subscriber user to think it’s gonna take like a week

2 Likes

I don’t think that would be realistic

2 Likes

Yes we need this. It is a serious waste of money to spam-plant a project, in my opinion.

3 Likes

Somebody might think that a plant is an item you give once in a while.

2 Likes

But I do agree that they might spam if given a number

2 Likes

I’d like it if you could only give 1 plant to a project per person/account

3 Likes

Agreed. All these guys are doing is spending money on an electronic currency for themselves. The only reason I can think of for this is virtual clout, but to be honest I don’t know.

2 Likes

Yeah that would be great

2 Likes

Agreed, that was a good system and I’d like to stick to it

3 Likes

This would be the best decision imo

3 Likes

Interesting, I like it. Some might think it’s too restrictive with 1 though.

The concept is good, as it limits spamming.

2 Likes

Maybe 3?
Throwing money to be on most planted is a huge waste

3 Likes

Possibly. I think it’s up to THT to decide (but we as users should give some input)

Agreed

3 Likes