Cooking Creatures! 🍰 - In Development -

Welcome to the world of Cooking Creatures!

This is a Pokemon/Fakemon game… but it’s all about cooking and food! So are all of the “Pokemon” just food? No! There are many things that make this game different than others!

• Cooking your creatures! You don’t simply catch the creatures! With ingredients around the map, you can cook your own creatures!

• Unique typing of creatures! Since there are so many different types of cuisine… the typing is unique and interesting! Creatures are likely going to be typed on their country of origin, and type of food (cake, candy, chocolate, etc.).

• Learn about cooking and food! This game gives you the opportunity to dive into interesting cultures and learn about the process of cooking.

• So much more! There are so many other unique things about this game that you will discover and explore! The game is in early development, so these are just some examples of planned features!

Follow along via this topic to change the game and be a beta tester!

Current game link: https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/12tnyssin0

Latest version: V0.0.0

@ShiningStars

14 Likes

Follow along with development updates!

- Update Taglist -
  • Tag me for large updates!
  • Tag me for medium-sized updates!
  • Tag me for small updates!

0 voters

- Poll Taglist -
  • Tag me in polls that change a lot!
  • Tag me in polls that change a decent amount!
  • Tag me in polls that change a bit!

0 voters

10 Likes

Interesting game! Can’t wait! I’m as excited as when MiniMiners was announced!!!

Also, will the public betas be published projects? (@/Awesome_E’s project builder doesn’t load me)

11 Likes

They will be both, but I will likely link Awesome_E’s project builder for the convenience of most people I will publish the actual link for big updates if that makes sense. Glad ot hear you’re interested!

10 Likes

I kinda need help because there’s a bug with this joystick where if you go all the way to the left or right then quickly move your finger to the other direction it doesn’t move

5 Likes

Also can someone help make it so the penguin can’t go through the square? It just bounces back and I don’t know how to do it with a joystick bc this is my first time

@ShiningStars

6 Likes

I think a project I made a year ago may help you with getting penguin to not collide with the square feel free to look in the code if you need to, although it’s not completely perfect. https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/12370vm5yw

4 Likes

Thanks for showing me, I kinda got something like yours just with more shaking but I’m trying to figure out a way to completely stop the shaking and the character just can’t move in that direction.

4 Likes

(Small Update) I added collisions, so I can countinue on with the development more! Check it out here!

(The character can kinda get stuck, but it’s the best I can do for now, trying to think of work arounds)

Tags;
@MarkerGames @affogato @Cutelittlekittycat @braynee202

3 Likes

Someone please help with the collision glitches :(((

3 Likes

I would love to help but I’m bad at collisions myself

3 Likes

I was considering changing this game up a lot and revising it.

I think that basing everything off food limited my creativity and might make it less fun, but this change wouldn’t make as much sense as using cooking.

I was thinking of making the game Crafting Creatures. or “Craftimals” or an interesting name like that lol

You would craft the creatures, but they wouldn’t be only food so you have more options and interesting creatures.

The only other issue is that crafting would be more fun in Cooking Creatures, because you would actually be cooking, instead of just combining things together.

• Change it to Craftimals (or whatever I call it)!
  • Keep it as Cooking Creatures
  • I can’t decide I like them both!

0 voters

@ShiningStars

Tags; @MarkerGames @creationsofavillager @affogato @CreativePenguin @Cutelittlekittycat @Dragongirl1264 @rAyyy @KingGuin87 @braynee202 @FuzzyFalcon23 @Limon

4 Likes

Here is the update topic if you want to check it out (since you said you were interested)

@ClownPig

2 Likes

A big big new update is coming soon! You will all love it!!

2 Likes

Here is the first big update to the game!

and its also a cry for help with all of these collision bugs

Tags; @MarkerGames @creationsofavillager @affogato @CreativePenguin @Cutelittlekittycat @Dragongirl1264 @rAyyy @KingGuin87 @braynee202 @Limon

4 Likes

Small Update

• Added a cool D-Pad

• Advanced eye tracking movement (Eyes will only follow the direction you are going and naturally center)

https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/12vli7l3s4

Tags; @MarkerGames @affogato @Cutelittlekittycat @braynee202 @Limon @ClownPig

2 Likes

link doesn’t work

2 Likes

It’s in the filter

2 Likes

is it published?

2 Likes

yes
(if a project is in the filter, it automatically means its published)

3 Likes