I see that a lot of you don't really like the new update. I'm sorry about that!
I know it doesn't feel like it, but a lot of the decisions we made were with you guys in mind. A goal we had was to make it easier to make really big complicated projects, on the iPhone AND iPad.
Some of the things we did specifically for to improve your coding experience:
- Waaay faster to open complex projects. Try opening one of the abilities in 2048 on the beta version vs. the one in the app store
- All the code in one place so you can easily jump between objects and rules.
- Copy and paste so you can reuse blocks between your objects and rules.
- Easy to jump to the conditional rules rather than having to scroll all the way to the bottom.
- Tabs on the keyboard for all types of blocks so you can easily jump to the section you're looking for.
- You can close up blocks like "repeat" and "if" so that they can more easily be moved around.
- You can tap on any object in the preview stage to jump to it in the editor.
- Set the cursor to decide where to add blocks.
- Automatically advance to the next parameter once you press the check mark.
- HSB and RGB blocks so you can make your own colors.
Now that being said- we sent out the beta now so that we would have time for feedback. We can't go back to the old interface, but we do still want to hear from you so we can incorporate your ideas to make the new one better.
Specifically: is there any coding action you could easily do in the old version that is now really hard in the new beta?
Is there something you tried to make in the new beta that was was harder to do than you expected? And as always, if you find any bugs, please let us know!
And remember, we are people just like you, and it hurts our feelings when you say mean things about the team and the app. Think of how you'd feel if someone told you the game you spent months working on was ■■■■■■. That's what it's like when you say mean things about the update.
Thanks for listening,
Samantha (aka AwesomeOnion)