Community Guidelines

These are some pretty nice guidelines, they aren’t too strict either.

4 Likes

I agree! They are all valid and clear.

5 Likes

Bump to top oh yeah XD

is self deprecating against the guidelines?

2 Likes

Well, that kinda depends. If its something really major, and they start talking about s e l f h a r m or something, then yes, it definitely is.
However, if you ever see it happening, tag @Leaders and one of us will come ASAP and help the user struggling.

3 Likes

ok. thank you for the information.

3 Likes

Anytime

3 Likes

Jazz did a big oopsie

7 Likes

why is there a banner thingy argghgghg

2 Likes
removed this banner . It will no longer appear at the top of every page. #345
[OFFICIAL] New Users Guide For The Hopscotch Forum

Was there a change recently? I don’t see the personal website rule, so does that mean we can share links to projects or websites we made under domains such as github and google sites?

It’d be nice if either @Ana could respond or @Leaders could show the edit history of post 1 (that would help explain it)

6 Likes

It’s in the newer guidelines topic that Ana made.

4 Likes

Oh right, so it hasn’t changed yet sigh, it’s not even that personal though…

3 Likes

Hi! My post about my GitHub page was taken down, and I’m not sure why. How does this violate the community guidelines?

Edit: yeah I messed up lol. Just realized that GitHub is a “personal website”. I wish it wasn’t included, since sharing open sourced code is kind of hard without doing this.

2 Likes

Maybe there can be a way to regulate the GitHub links? I’d love to share my open sourced code on the forum, but I can unless there’s some other way to still go by the rules. Maybe post my code somewhere else, such as google drive? People wouldn’t be able to directly contribute, but it would prevent communication outside the forum.

2 Likes

Is it true that foreign languages (not English) are not allowed without translation?

2 Likes

It’s new, but yes

1 Like

I agree 100%, I also had to take down my website link

1 Like

I am speechless.
Why would tht do that
It’s very rude to people who want to speak other languages

1 Like

I don’t know :man_shrugging:

If someone wants to know what it means, they can just have a Google Translate extension or tab open, but rules are rules i guess

2 Likes