Community Guideline for Hopscotch Forum

Are we allowed to share our GitHub, if we have one?

8 Likes

Also someone should maybe unpin the old guidelines topic?

6 Likes

yep

5 Likes

GitHub is fine, as elaborated on here:

7 Likes

Sorry, I have a lot of questions… but:

Why are alt accounts not allowed on the forum? It’s not really elaborated on the list, so I’m a little confused.

7 Likes

Alternative accounts are not allowed so that we can prevent spam in the forum. There are also not a lot of reasons why one would ever need an alt account. If everyone starts making lots of accounts, we might have too many duplicate contents on the forum. This is so that the forum can stay clean and moderated.

30 Likes

Cool new community guidelines!

6 Likes

Im worried for petrichor and awesome e

10 Likes

Certain alt accounts were approved by Ana for testing or other reasons, however those are special circumstances and not the norm. Pretty sure that’s the case for them.

9 Likes

Yep, like how @FlamePhoenix is my alt acc, used for whenever something needs testing

Petrichor and E aren’t alt accs tho, they’re two different people which is fine. Alt thing is just a running joke

11 Likes

Ah I was thinking of @NindroidGames, however that still is funny lol

7 Likes

Lol nobody lives there (by nobody I mean citezens)

4 Likes

Ooo, new guidelines? Very cool!

I’ll bookmark this!

3 Likes

actually, there is

3 Likes

Only priests and guards and stuff I think.
Fun fact, I actually been there before, but I might be wrong because I know nothing about the country lol.

4 Likes

Nice to see a quick refresher! That really helps to let us know that we are staying on course even as a new community manager arrives.

I do remember that – but that really boils down to common sense, as previously mentioned. After all, the guidelines are general rules/points to adhere to when posting here or anywhere else.

As for time zones, they aren’t too sensitive – but when you’re online, it’s best to share as little as possible.

I’ve never even considered a forum alt – there’s just no use of it, plus it’d require more work to keep up with anyways. The reason why I have multiple HS accounts is to better organize which projects go into my main vs the lesser important iPhone account.

13 Likes

Okey dokey thank

2 Likes

I was thinking of floodtheforums

7 Likes

nice

3 Likes

Cool

4 Likes