This forum is here to help you improve your Hopscotch skills and share what you know to help others. Here are your guidelines to make this forum a place where everyone feels welcomed, supported, and encouraged. Follow the guidelines at all times.
Be nice, always. Practice good digital citizenship (some jokes aren’t as funny when they’re online!).
– Use respectful language
– Assume that others are just as smart as you are.
– Address others the way they wanted to be addressed. This means using the right pronouns and not calling people names.
Keep Hopscotch a safe place. Your personal information stays private.
– Things you can share: your first name, age, and Hopscotch username.
– DO NOT share personal information, which are not limited to: last name, email, phone number, where you live, your school, your social media info, and your pictures.
– Don’t ask anyone else to share their personal information. If you’re making a poll, make sure it’s about Hopscotch and relevant to the topic!
– Keep conversations on the forum. Don’t share links for others to contact you outside of the forum. This includes Whiteboard, Discord, Hangouts, Padlet, Google Docs, social media, and others yet to be invented.
If you disagree with someone, disagree politely.
Sharing your own beliefs doesn’t mean de-valuing other people’s beliefs.
Keep it clean!
– Don’t post something you wouldn’t want your grandma to see.
– If you see inappropriate content, please flag it and it will be removed. Please do not reply to it.
Keep it relevant! Add to the conversation by responding directly to the question posted in the topic, or reply as a linked topic to lead the conversation in a slightly different direction.
– Do not use the forum to discuss topics that aren’t related to Hopscotch.
– Do not make speculations about whether someone self-planted. If you have any concerns, email THT directly at email@example.com. The reason is that false accusations can be hurtful, and this topic will lead to more off-topic discussions.
– Posts about leaving are not allowed and will be removed. Refrain from making jokes about leaving or asking other people whether they’ll leave or not.
You may request for plants, seeds, followers, and likes ONLY in these two following situations:
– the Official Seeds/Plants/Likes Request Topic. You can only once a day and no more than 3 times a week to prevent spams.
– And in any Hopscotcher-started competition/event topic that involves a prize if the starter of the event is okay with you asking for plants related to that event.
You may add seeds/plants/likes/follows as a part of your self-started events/competitions/shops/challenges, but you will be responsible for giving people plants/likes/seeds/follows yourself. In order to offer seeds in your own event, you must add this at the beginning of your topic in normal-sized fonts, without any alteration to the text:
– "This event/competition/challenge is started by me (@ yourself) and all the currencies, rewards, and prizes are handled by me, not Hopscotch. You can find other similar self-started events in the Competitions & Events or Shops & Requests categories, or even start one yourself. Because this is started by me, Hopscotch and the forum leaders are not involved or responsible in any of the transactions here.”
Share and learn. Help out fellow Hopscotchers when they have questions. Seek help when you have questions. There’s always room to learn more… Even Mark Zuckerberg admits that he’s got more to learn.
All unapproved non-code related topics will be archived.
If you break a community guideline, you will receive an official warning. If you receive three warnings, your account will be silenced for a day. If, after two silencings, you continue to break a community guideline, you will receive a two-week suspension. After that, any continued breach of guidelines will result in a permanent suspension. For an easy way to remember this: just think 3-2-1!
You cannot set your notifications to Watching or Tracking for the Collaborations & Beta Testing category (for more details read here). This is to help create a more secure and private space for people to collaborate/test on their Hopscotch projects.
– Similarly, do not go into someone else’s unlist topic unless you’re a part of the collaboration/testing.
This guideline was modified from the original post, with the help of forum leaders.