This forum is here to help you improve your Hopscotch skills and share what you know to help others. Here are your guidelines to make this forum a place where everyone feels welcomed, supported, and encouraged. Follow the guidelines at all times.
- Be nice, always. Practice good digital citizenship (some jokes aren’t as funny when they’re online!).
- Use respectful language
- Assume that others are just as smart as you are.
- Address others the way they wanted to be addressed. This means using the right pronouns and not calling people names.
Keep Hopscotch a safe place. Your personal information stays private.
- Things you can share: your first name, age, and Hopscotch username.
- DO NOT share personal information, which are not limited to: last name, email, phone number, where you live, your school, your social media info, and your pictures.
- Don’t ask anyone else to share their personal information. If you’re making a poll, make sure it’s about Hopscotch and relevant to the topic!
- Keep conversations on the forum. Don’t share links for others to contact you outside of the forum. This includes Whiteboard, Discord, Hangouts, Padlet, Google Docs, social media, and others yet to be invented.
If you disagree with someone, disagree politely.
Sharing your own beliefs doesn’t mean de-valuing other people’s beliefs.
Keep it clean!
- Don’t post something you wouldn’t want your grandma to see.
- If you see inappropriate content, please flag it and it will be removed. Please do not reply to it.
- Keep it relevant! Add to the conversation by responding directly to the question posted in the topic, or reply as a linked topic to lead the conversation in a slightly different direction.
- Don’t use the forum to ask for plants, seeds, followers, likes, or other topics that aren’t about using Hopscotch.
- Posts about leaving are not allowed and will be removed.
- Share and learn. Help out fellow Hopscotchers when they have questions. Seek help when you have questions. There’s always room to learn more… Even Mark Zuckerberg admits that he’s got more to learn.
- All unapproved non-code related topics will be archived.
- If you break a community guideline, you will receive an official warning. If you receive three warnings, your account will be silenced for a day. If, after two silencings, you continue to break a community guideline, you will receive a two-week suspension. After that, any continued breach of guidelines will result in a permanent suspension. For an easy way to remember this: just think 3-2-1!
- For a more detailed explanation of what you can and can’t post on the forum please click here
- If you’re not sure, ask! Tag a leader or email us at email@example.com
This guideline was modified from the original post, with the help of forum leaders.