Comments for projects

So it was a fair ban? You made it sound like the auto filter system banned them for no reason lol

5 Likes

Yep

5 Likes

It would be handy to be able to comment on projects — it would make it easier to share feedback, and it would help with debugging too (don’t have to make several projects back and forth to communicate)

I don’t think necessarily that people would intentionally misuse the comment feature any more than it would happen from being able to talk with each other on the forum, with guidelines in place. But the volume of content to moderate would definitely be more.

A potential middle-ground option is we could embed comments from the forum for each project, from #project-updates. Mainly since Discourse has addressed a lot of discussion features and problems (e.g. quoting, flagging, etc.) and it does have the feature to embed comments, at least on websites.

So people would still go on the forum to comment, but it would also show in the app or web explorer. If someone wants to comment on a project, it would create a topic in #project-updates, and direct them to the forum to comment. Any comments that are made can then also be viewed from the app or web explorer.

I do agree that the forum is a bit too hidden in the app itself, and that there is only a very tiny fraction of the user base on here compared to the app at the moment. It would drive more people to know about the forum at least!

10 Likes

Would the project update topic be separate then the actual update topic and be it’s own topic for comments or the same?

4 Likes

I guess it just depends on what people feel would be best — might be easier just to have one topic for comments. In that case, I think a separate app feature that would be complementary would be to include update descriptions for each project, like this:

There are definitely a lot of quality of life features around projects that would be handy to have^^

7 Likes

Do you have a design for this, @StarlightStudios?

3 Likes

What do you mean? Like a image of what it would look like? I could make one up.

3 Likes

Yeah.

2 Likes

Omg comments are now in HS?!?! @Mouldycheese8

5 Likes

Bump
I think there should be preset options like “this has advanced mode so I can’t remix” or something similar

4 Likes

Are they??? Wait what? How do I get them??? How do I do it??? @894ers

7 Likes

Do you mean this?

5 Likes

I think what @/StarlightStudios meant was that was a concept design for it

3 Likes

I’m sorry they don’t exist I made a concept :sob:

4 Likes

??? they do exist

2 Likes

??? no they don’t

show me how I can comment on a project without modding

(im not talking about the in-code comments please read the OP and check the concept I made)

3 Likes

oops i read roadocean post and got confused lel :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I got confused lol sorry

3 Likes

No I mean like how you would comment on a YouTube video but on HS

2 Likes

Good idea. Maybe to keep things neat, the creator could be able to create categories in their comment section. People could go into one of these categories in the comment section and comment there, and each comment would have a reply section.

4 Likes