Combining music methods

so there’s no known way to hold out notes (as you would with a pedal on a piano, for instance), right?

1 Like

nope, hopscotch can’t do that unfortunately:(

3 Likes

Even without that, you made some amazing music Nobody.

And maybe they’ll add that feature someday :wink:

Here i wrote this for you @Nobody

2 Likes

not sure if this has been answered - haven’t yet read through the replies - but what’s in the wait custom block?

and logically every music method should require either really good aural skills or an ability to read sheet music, haha

I like this, and I think it’s close - and I’ll test it out on my own when I can as well as what I was thinking for combining the two. but this whole interest in making music easier is really exciting :eyes:

1 Like

I’ll say this, regardless of the method, there are always issues or bugs (cough lagggggggg cough). The goal is to find the method that works for you. If it’s too complicated or you don’t understand it, ask someone and they’ll help you. If you still don’t get it, try something simpler and more on your level.

3 Likes

Me in my upcoming video having to dumb down my own concept half way through so I could u understand lol

3 Likes

XD

3 Likes

just a wait seconds 0.125 so the note doesn’t repeat

can you add this into the op (above pros) since it’s being asked and me being forgetful forgot to open it:

inside the wait ability is a Wait seconds 0.125 block so the note doesn’t repeat twice

2 Likes

A preset file could be nice. Tag me when you publish the project so I can make a preset from it

2 Likes

here’s the example I did, or do you want one with just a template? @Awesome_E

4 Likes

That should be fine. I set a bookmark reminder for 1 week so I will prob make the preset then.

2 Likes

I have watched this way too many times, so I remember it in my head. How did you make music that good? I looked through the code but I couldn’t understand a thing. Why do you need the measure, or different music blocks from different objects? You could do it all in the same code…

I am way too noobie for this

2 Likes

measure: so that notes are played when the measure equals something (does that make sense? kinda need music theory knowledge to understand measures)

different blocks: to simplify the code

1 Like

No i get what you mean by the measure. But is it really necessary? You could put a variable to activate the block of code that may need to play at a certain time.

2 Likes

that’s literally what the variable measure does

1 Like

No i mean like, remove the measure, then when you want the thing to activate then you literally put a variable block, like set (Play bass) to 1, and in another object, you could set it to activate when Play bass = 1

2 Likes

been experimenting with chords of multiple notes (in a secret project :yum:) but at least on my device, the lag becomes slightly noticeable at around 4 or 5 simultaneous notes

my elevator music still sounds epic though; no complaints with this method! I tried to clean it up and only use one variable for all the notes, but then realized that makes chords sound arpeggiated - which honestly isn’t a bad vibe sometimes :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

this is cool

thanks for sharing

4 Likes

Yo, long time no see! Used to be a Huge anonymous fan

3 Likes