Collisions with edge don't work until the center of object touches edge

If you have a rule like when self bumps edge, it will not work the way you expect. It will only work once the center of the object collides with the edge, but it should work when any part of the object collides with the edge

7 Likes

first post

That’s really strange.

3 Likes

If I remember correctly, it’s been like that for a while. I didn’t think of it as a bug before, but now that you mention it, it does seem like it should work when any part of the object bumps it, and not just the center.

5 Likes

If you wanna fix this, you can make a hit box that follows the object and then make the hit box hit the edge instead of the object

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it also be affected by this bug since it is also an object?

4 Likes

As far as I know, it would be.

3 Likes

Not if u set position to x plus 150?

2 Likes

Pardon? Can you explain what you mean by that?

4 Likes

You would basically make the hit box have multiple parts that go in each side of the object

3 Likes

Yeah, that makes sense. At that point it’d probably be easier to compare the x position of the edge with the x position of the object, but that would definitely work.

4 Likes

Yes happens to me all the time.
But it is not that annoying

2 Likes

I like to use x positions. Though this is weird, bumping should activate when sides are bumped. Here is something you may do:
When “self X” > “1024 (that’s the top width if you didn’t know)” - “self width” /2.
That works…right? Might be wrong. Ah well it’s not too big tho

4 Likes

Bump

1 Like

@Leaders close

2 Likes

Has it been fixed? Also just tag one lead next time, like CM.
Tho let’s not close until we know whether this is still an issue or not :wink:

2 Likes

Still appears to be an active suggestion

3 Likes

Hitbox problem?

1 Like