Coding Video replacing Bear on loading screen

If you want a simple version, just read the title and go.
Ok, in-depth version…

Have a coding video tutorial thing replacing the dancing Bear on the loading screen. And also have the loading text changed to suit the video displayed.

Or maybe…have an ad!!! It could also produce money to THT…if that’s how it works

Or maybe… (This will use my suggestion for the Special Characters)…have a little easter egg! Well, a Secret Special character could appear. (like for example; groovin’ bear) Tap it and you get the character!!!

7 Likes

While it could be an ad opportunity, it would take away the whole reason for fast project loading

7 Likes

if you could code something like this (it prob wouldn’t work this is my imagination lol) maybe you could do something like that
set var “project is clicked” to 0
repeat forever
if (“project is clicked” = 0) {
set var “characters” to random 1 to (amount of characters)
set var “opening screen” to (charachter picked)
} else {
continue
}

im gonna try to code something like this hang on

2 Likes

They mean when you click on a project, instead of the current loading screen, play an ad or something

3 Likes

oh oh oh
I didnt see that
I was thinking of the charachter screen lol
I think both are good tho

3 Likes

Yeah, this could be an extra ad opportunity for THT. However, the app is for children so if they would put advertisements, they would have to choose a child-friendly platform.

4 Likes

Wow people are talking about the ad system but not the main subject

Having a video would not work, if Hopscotch were to add a video, users would have to wait for the video to end before they can see the project, while the loading would not be in sync with the video. It would also give Hopscotch another thing to load, as it would need to load the video as well.

Ads would not work either, as Hopscotch is targeted at a young audience, and if it had ads parents or guardians would use another tool, like Scratch which has no ads and is completely free.

In short:
Nor ads or videos would work in a loading screen, as the video would not be in sync with the loading.

However, theoretically, this could work:

Joke/info. 

Bear
                         Bear
                         Bear
                         Bear

[Advertisement Advertisement]

Except with more personalised ads, rather than ”Advertisement Advertisement”

Yet still:

And

8 Likes