Coding on HS compared to coding on other programming languages [official take1]

Coding on HS compared to coding in other programming languages (Take 1!!!!)

Hi! I've seen the drawing topics. I don't know if this topic exist so if you've seen a topic like this please tell me! (I SEARCHED :D)

So hopscotch is for coding/programming right? Well I've seen people post about other programming languages and projects for example projects on Kodu or Scratch. In this topic feel free to post about any programming language/ projects!
Bye !!!! (If I'm the first one to make a topic like this I will make it official!)

I have seen people complain about The Mass Tag list currently in use, and we need new guidelines.

Please, copy directly off of this topic when using the Mass Tag list. It will annoy you, I know, but it will constantly change.

Here are the new guidelines for adding and using the mass tag list.

Add yourself only Do not add other people to the mass tag list. I'll see all of the edits, so I'll correct you if you added someone else's name, on accident or on purpose.

Don't use the tag list in all of your topics We shouldn't be using the mass tag list in every single topic we or another person creates. It is annoying to have to scroll through that, and it doesn't contribute to the discussion.

Always use the current version Again, people will leave or take their name off of the list. Please always use the current version so we don't have to deal with people getting angry.

Please don't tamper with this list It gets annoying when someone destroys something. So please don't tamper with the tag list.

Only use this list for things you can contribute to It gets annoying being tagged for smol potatoes. Things like projects and questions about rules create discussions, things like drawings don't.

Try to put the list in a dropdown folder The list is getting pretty long, so please try to put in in a folder.

Put the list in the first post, or the one to bring attention to It's annoying to scroll up just to see what the user wanted you to see, so if you're bringing attention to the topic, put it in the first post.

Make sure to alphabetise Try to put your name in the right alphabetical order. It gets easier to navigate in the list if it is alphabetizised.

Keep the count going When you add yourself to the list, be sure to increase the number by 1.

Remove your name if you leave there is a limit of 150 tags, so remove your name if you leave

How To Use

Quote this post, select all and cut.
Go into notes or pages, paste the list and delete everything but the list.
Select it all again and paste it where you want it.

_Make sure to always have one emp

tag list

List (114 tags)
@Milkypup lol
Get the latest list here:

Ok, well idk but......

Do you have any computer languages you really want to learn??

Well I already know swift so yeah any other programming languages

Do you find swift that hard?

This is a really good topic and a great idea!

I think almost every code, once learned, is much better than Hopscotch because they are all more powerful than it. For example, Python (the easiest in my opinion) is far more powerful than drag and drop. However, Hopscotch is much easier to use than anything else, and still has enough possibilities to where you can be very creative!

Great topic!

Well scratch is like hopscotch just with studios and more blocks

I Am getting Swift Playgrounds rn

Python is easy. And fun. You should try it.

I've used quite a few programming languages, obviously including hopscotch. Here are some of the others:

• Scratch
  • Python
  • Lua
  • JavaScript
  • Java
  • C++ (not much though)
  • Swift (not much though)

I'll rank each of the languages based on complexity and how hard they are to learn. (1 is very easy, 10 is very difficult to learn):

• Hopscotch - 2
  • Scratch - 3
  • Python - 4
  • Lua - 4
  • JavaScript - 5
  • Java - 7
  • C++ - 8.5
  • Swift - 6

Also, here's a cool thing I made in JavaScript: this!

I can explain what it is if anyone wants to know, it's pretty cool.

coo is Java Script easy or hard I guess once u have the hang of it it wil be easy!
(@Rawrbear I know u will likw this as well as @BuildASnowman)

JavaScript is pretty easy, but it does get more complicated once you get into some things like DOM, graphics, and more.

The only other ones I partially understand beside Hopscotch are Scratch and Tynker. I know a very small amount of Python.

This afternoon I'm going to a science thing, and at the end we'll be coding something in IDK what programming language.

Hmmm, let's see. Everything else I find boring. I spent a lot of time on Hopscotch and whenever I tried a different coding language I failed or didn't like it.

Yeah, I can definitely agree with this ranking. Are there pointers in Java, or does it dynamically sort RAM for you?

I think it automatically sorts ram, but I have no idea XD

I know scratch and I'm learning HTML

The only programming language I bother to use anymore is scheme.