Coding Languages

help
question
coding_languages

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

OK...
I'll explain later, me has no time...
http://scratch-lang.notimetoplay.org/
how to make ur own programming language!

This is a really interesting question, with a not so simple answer.
As @crazygoat's link explains, programming languages are just made in other programming languages. You have a program that takes a file, reads it, and does what it says based on the rules of the language. For example, Python is written in C, Javascript in C++, Java in C.
But then that brings up the question... what was C written in? And what was that language written in? Here is where it get's cool. You can actually write the language using itself, use a thing called bootstrapping. This is how C was written. Now, before we get into what it is, a little lesson on hardware history. Computers interpret everything in binary - 1's and 0's. Before there were programming languages you had punch cards which were physical cards where you would punch out holes and then feed them into a computer, and it was almost like programming directly in binary. Not very fun. To bootstrap, you first make a program with punch cards that just takes a file and interprets a small part of it. Just one function, and that function also acts as a compiler that takes a file and interprets a part of it. You then have a basic programming language. But you can then use that function to make another program that is a bit more complex of a programming language, and then use that to make an even more complex programming language, etc. until you have a fully functional language!

The only thing I can say is... Woah.

How are you younger than me yet so much smarter :0?