Coding Gossips [OFFICIAL]

You can drag the HTML file into your web browser to upload it into the current directory (folder).

1 Like

I made a (pseudo-) random number generator. This time it uses XOR and 3 arguments as its base.

rndlist = []

def rand(k1,k2,n):
    for i in range(0, 10):
        return ((((k1+i) + (n ^ k2)) - k2 + (n ^ k1)) - (n + (k2 ^ k1)))

for x in range(1234):
    rndlist.append(rand(x,x+3412,x-3412))

for y in range(len(rndlist)):
    print(-(rndlist[y] ^ -rndlist[y]))

Python, by the way, is what I used to code this.
I should probably make everything not so arbitrary :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Now, my python is a bit rusty, but did you mean yield instead of return? Your for loop will only execute once, so it’s pretty redundant.

1 Like

oh, lol, that’s funny

2 Likes

Cool - thank you for letting me know!

1 Like

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/you-can-talk-about-your-hopscotch-coding-here-22-official/59091/4770?u=william04gamera

I will have to pop out for a bit sadly - will be back in a while. What’s on your mind?

4 Likes

Just trying to create a website just like TheCMStudios. I kind of need a background, and I also need to learn about colors. I kind of forgot how to use them?

And also, when I use an Index.html file. it just clear’s all my previous commit’s

2 Likes

I think he uses Bootstrap (a css framework) for the styling

css: background-color: #fff

3 Likes

Could you explain what I need to do more simply?

Do I need to create a .css file (which may remove my previous theme, i guess)

or should I forget theme’s and just continue without a theme?

and, what about font’s?

2 Likes

simply code HTML

<!DOCTYPE HTML>
<html>
<body>
uh some content here
</body>
</html>

you can use a css file, or just put the css directly in the HTML

you should forget the theme if you want to make the website using html

You can add them with css/html

3 Likes

help’s a lot.
should i rename my README.md file, to an index.html or something?

2 Likes

your choice
you can either create a new index.html file, or just rename (and edit) the readme.md file

thanks ig lol

4 Likes

Thinking about creating another website that’s more like a website as opposed to modding tools…

I have this page, but not much else in terms of ideas. I guess I will put this on GitHub once I’ve added enough pages to the site.

16 Likes

Perhaps you could have a leaderboard tab from your games played on your web player? It wouldn’t have to have names, just top scores.

8 Likes

does anyone know how to position text in css or html?
like how hopscotch uses set position?
you know, x, y or left, right?

or something like TheCMStudios github where the text on the top left is like?

3 Likes

you can’t exactly do that to my knowledge unless you use svg

but to align text you can do

text-align: center; /* centers text */
4 Likes

Yeah I did think of a high score competition/leaderboard of some kind. Same with speedruns, and also documentation on modded blocks. I should probably just do that before overthinking myself on other things

Also, I think usernames are ok only because I would ask the user for their user_id, which allows me to get the name without risk of entering random (potentially bad) usernames.

5 Likes

Is there anyone here who has experience with C or C++, Linux, and a 64 bit architecture?

3 Likes

I might be able to help you out! I’m not dual booting Linux right now, but I can always boot it off VirtualBox.

2 Likes

Looks cool so far! I’d be willing to help you touch up the site and make it pop out more, etc. if you’re open to pull requests. :+1:

Yep! See relative positioning here:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/position

But I wouldn’t recommend that for a nav bar. Look up “nav bar css” in Google and you can find out how to set that up for yourself!

3 Likes