Coding Gossips [OFFICIAL]

Hahaha yes lol

2 Likes

I… I don’t think I’ve ever had this impulse before…
This conversation has made me want to look through the Discourse source code to find the cause of the glitch. :')

I don’t know how to feel about this but I think it’s pretty funny that I could do this sort of thing with open source software now.

6 Likes

I think its the same glitch that can make a solved post from another topic still be solved in another (ex. a solved topic into a topic that can’t be set as solved)

5 Likes

I think that one’s because of someone making a topic for a simple question, getting solved, then merged

5 Likes

exact ^

2 Likes

iirc you should submit a beta request to OpenAi explaining why you’d like to install dall-e 2 - but meanwhile there’s mini dall-e, but the arts are pretty trash imo

3 Likes

Oh. Is it allowed for you to search up something and post it here—

2 Likes

wdym? /gq /g-confusion

2 Likes

Nevermind, I said nothing

4 Likes

If I had a long thin rectangle that had code for touching a tree and aprox 12 trees were being touched at the same time, would this cause a lot of lag on the Hopscotch app?

I’d like any thoughts from experienced users.

3 Likes

I’d say that it depends on how much code there is, how much code is there?

3 Likes

A little late, but thanks a lot for all these details!

4 Likes

For sure! This explanation is based on stock XNA, but as far as I know a lot of it is carried across to MonoGame.

4 Likes

Weird thing has happened it’s not bad or anything lol but I got a Nintendo DSi yesterday and I’ve been obsessed over it so much, that now the next day, my eyes are still adapted to the slightly pixelated screen, so now my eyes go weird when I look at my iPhone screen!!!:joy::rofl::laughing:

Its probably gonna be hard to code :joy:
Omg this is so funny :joy: but I’m not joking when I woke up it was so bad
sorry for more than 3 emojis I just find this really funny and I need to express it
does anyone stand with me thinking this is funny??

3 Likes

yes lol
it’s very funny

I’ve had a ds since I was really young, and got back into it like 2 years ago and thought that text looked weird, small and hd lol
not much of a problem anymore since I use the switch more

3 Likes

Yeah, I recognize a lot of the stuff you were explaining from MonoGame.

3 Likes

That looks interesting!!
I wonder what that’s going to be! Great work!

2 Likes

Cool! That looks very similar to hopscotch.

2 Likes

I’ve used it before, (I’m not very good at it I only made one project lol) I would say it’s a lot more like text coding programs and it’s still pretty different than HS actually. I haven’t used it in forever so it’s hard to say though

1 Like

I do agree if you want custom lower-level behaviour rather than use a default implementation, definitely you can go with something other than a pre-existing engine.

But it just depends on what you need for each project, rather than it being inherently for beginners or not. E.g. Forgotton Anne is a narrative-driven game with puzzle platforming and choice mechanics, in Studio Ghibli animation style, with 6+ hours of gameplay. It is made in Unity, and it looks 2D since it’s a side on view, but the world itself is 3d and that results in some cool parallax effects. That is not made by beginners. Nor is Monument Valley. The developers likely decided that what was on offer in Unity was suitable for the needs of each of those projects.

Sky and Journey are two other games I’ve played that use custom engines. The developers probably deemed the advantages of a custom engine better for what they needed in those projects (e.g. maybe they wanted custom physics or custom rendering implementation)

Another comparable example is probably saying a certain programming language or set of libraries is only for beginners, and some other environment is not. It depends on what you need for the job at hand.

7 Likes