Code Viewer does not show rules in newer projects

(this topic serves mostly to show that we’re already aware of this bug, and as an example bug report of something that does actually happen)

Your username: Awesome_E

What browser are you using? Please paste your User Agent here: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.87 Safari/537.36

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I tried to view the code of a newer project, but opening objects showed nothing even though there was code

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Go to any project that was created after local variables were released. (Project does not have to actually have any local vars)
  2. Click the View Code button
  3. Open an object

I expected this to happen: The code would show

But instead this happened: The code doesn’t show any rules (set variable is shown though)

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

11 Likes

This is strange. Maybe it’s because of the new update to hopscotch that you can put variables outside of the magenta blocks?

Also what is User Agent

7 Likes

I’ve actually already figured out why. it’s because there’s an abilityID trait and a rules trait, but the code viewer prioritizes abilityID instead of reading both. It’s already been fixed in HS Tools but I haven’t gotten time to apply the changes properly in the official web explorer

In the topic template, there’s a hidden text URL that tells you how to find it. It’s a string that gives quick and easy identification information about your browser (the browser name + version, as well as device operating system)

8 Likes

thank you for using my project as OP example lol :hs_space_pod:

3 Likes