⚠️Code Red E-Mail Virus ⚠️

This is for all email users out there. And I’m not talking about only hopscotch emails. Personal ones are targeted too.

Most of you guys know that I tried using email to reply to some peeps on the forum, and that was a success. I started to use my hopscotch email more after that, but came across this message.

Note: I know contacting people outside the forum is not permitted, but I received this, I did not send this.

It was by this hopscotcher that I don’t want to mention for specific purposes, and they sent me three emails, on different dates in July, the earliest being on the Fourth, and the latest being 3 days ago. Their emails are always titled weirdly. One of mine was named “improved”, but the other was named were weirder.

The message should say “cannot display full message, click here”

##WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT CLICK THE LINK

Even if the person who sent you it is your best friend, it means they got hacked.

If you do press it, it will direct you to a fake Google page and ask for your password, then they obtain it.

I repeat: never ever click on the link.

This has happened to several Hopscotchers already, so please pay attention to your emails, especially if you share your hs email with your personal one!

##I REPEAT: NEVER CLICK ON THE LINK EVER

• Thanks for notifying me!
  • I disagree.

0 voters

Help! I've been hacked!
Are we allowed to share scratch accounts? [YES, YOU CAN AT YOUR OWN RISK]
My emails are burning

I want to pin this... should I?

Thanks for telling us! Your awesome!

YES YES YES.

THANK YOU FOR WARNING ME.

Yup.

NO ONE EVER EVER EVER CLICK THE LINK.
EVER.

Don't click suspicious links.
EVER.
NEVER EVER EVER EVER.
If it's your friend irl, ask them if they sent it.

DONT EVER CLICK SUSPICIOUS LINKS.
NO MATTER WHO ITS FROM.
Make sure your friend doesn't click them.

This happened to me! It was weird.

Thanks for the warning. :smile:

I didn't press it, but I was wondering what would happen if I did.

This is why you need to be safe!

This is horrible!!!!!!!!!:sob:

Yikes.

I won't.

I hardly use gmail so.... lol

Woah... That's really scary. Thanks for telling everyone about this @Anonymous , this is a huge issue. Getting hacked is really, really scary. :000000

:001100101100

Dis is bad.

Uhh, is it only gm.ail?

Cuz I have a different provider.

Guys, this is why we do not share email addresses.

Many forumers have been 'hacked' recently and those people had shared their email addresses with other people. Their gmails and possibly forum accounts have been hacked. If you use the same email to register the forum as you did to doc with someone, I highly suggest changing your email. Also, make sure your password is strong and secure!

The hacker is believed to be a Hopscotch user who was in the directory doc. He/she has been masking his/her IP, so we've been having trouble tracking them down.

Thank you for the warning. @Anonymous

So is this only for people who used docs?

Or any one with a gmail?

Whoa! A Hopscotcher is doing this on purpose??

@Kiwicute2016 You're probably very busy, sorry to bother, but is the answer to my question above yes?

If you have a gmail that is obvious.

:00000
Oh. My. Goodness.

I don't think I have received one so far, (I haven't used docs with someone so :p) but I'll still be on the lookout.

Oh ok thx! I have a gmai.l but I have never shared it, used docs, and I don't use it for the forum. I hope I'm ok.

This kinda happend to our school. Someone hacked the school user. The lights were flashing! And the band concert that was supposed to be that night got cancelled to a few days later. They should of just send us all home. They said that fire trucks would come by, but they didn't.