Code in square was deleted!

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username:

What kind of device are you using?: (Also include iOS version, and Hopscotch version)

Ipad. iOS:14.7.1 hopscotch: 3.49.0

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):

I was opening a old draft and saw that the square with the main code was gone!

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. Open the project called “copy 27 of maze solver” from the cloud.
  2. See that nothing has any custom when groups or whatever there called.

I expected this to happen:
The custom when groups were still in everything.
But instead this happened:
All the custom when groups was gone!
Here’s a sweet screenshot:
Project link for copy 24 My squares code got destroyed!!! Noooooooo! by Mathematics 2

3 Likes

Please give me the project with the squares code still in it from the cloud @Leaders. It had over 24 hours of code in it!

4 Likes

hey, for the second post you can directly email yuanyuan@gethopscotch.com or talk with t1 - leaders cannot help you for anything related to your account :))

7 Likes

I see you are not up to date.

Hopscotch Version 3.50.0 is the latest update. It won’t resolve your issue, but it’s worth a try.

4 Likes

Why is it worth a try if it won’t fix it? @Crosbyman64

3 Likes

You never know unless you try. The main thing you’ll get is a new Set Background block and a bug fix related to not being able to press anywhere between the Hopscotch UI buttons located at the top.

And like Tri-Angle said, the best people to tag/contact for anything related to Version Control (as in versions of your project) are t1_hopscotch and Yuanyuan.

And judging from the name of your project, I’m guessing you tried making backups of your project, which apparently didn’t help at all.

I multiple times had issues where I would save a large project to my profile, open it immediately, and notice that every single object, not just the code, would be gone, and the project would be deleted after leaving it. This part was my fault, as I didn’t give enough time for everything to load in properly.

5 Likes

Hi there! The leaders only have moderation access to the forum and not the app, so as others said, you should email The Hopscotch Team to get it sorted out. Send an email to hello@gethopscotch.com and they’ll help you over there!

5 Likes

Yep I make backups whenever I get something working. But all of the backups also are having this problem!

1 Like

maybe you’re looking in the wrong square? just a random guess

2 Likes

Nope there’s only 1 square.

2 Likes

Update: I just figured out that all the custom when block groups disappeared from everything. @FearlessPhoenix can you please edit that into the OP?

3 Likes

you should be able to edit it by yourself but i might be wrong

2 Likes

Nope I guess this isn’t one of those categories.

2 Likes

edited. does the placement look ok? wasnt sure where you wanted it

it’s actually supposed to be, but looks like some of the settings were funky and you couldn’t

i just fixed that too, so if there’s any issues with my edit or anything you wanna add later on, you should be able to make changes yourself. feel free to tag me if you need help tho

5 Likes

(quote is broken, missing [)

3 Likes

(you saw nothing :sweat_smile:)

4 Likes

@t1_hopscotch can you please do this?

5 Likes

Actually I did see something. I saw this:

2 Likes

Oof. THT should be able to recover a previous version of it.

3 Likes

they were replying to me, me who need to learn to not delete posts too quickly :sweat_smile:

3 Likes