Code disappears in custom art project

Use this template to make awesome bug reports:

Your username: mouldycheese8

What kind of device are you using?: (Also include iOS version, and Hopscotch version)iphone 7, latest hopscotch and iphone version

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened):
i was editing code, and putting in custom blocks and set image to (custom image) blocks, and then POOF the block of code disappears

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. get custom art
  2. put in custom art or custom block

I expected this to happen: yes code

But instead this happened: no code

Here’s a sweet screenshot:
it disappears so i have no screenshot

5 Likes

This is weird. As far as I know losing code happens, but happens very rarely and is usually a one-time occasion. How much code did you lost, and what happens if you try the same action again? Is the code still there?

3 Likes

only the bit i put the code in, like the when game starts but and everything inside it. if i try to put it in again it does the same

2 Likes

That is really weird. What exactly are you adding to the project when it crashes? Is it just any type of custom art or custom blocks?

2 Likes

i made show/ hide blocks but if i put the code that was inside the block, it stays there and with custom art it just dissappears, not in a custom block or anything. also, it might be worth mentioning there usually in when i get a message blocks

1 Like

That does seem strange. Just to clarify: is it blocks inside custom abilities/rules being deleted? As well as custom art in Set Image block?

Even if an item is deleted, screenshots of the code would be helpful — a note on what used to be there is fine.

2 Likes

It is blocks inside of them and the custom rule and the set image block

1 Like