Cloud Upload Button not Disappearing even After a Successful Upload

Use this template to make hilarious bug reports:

Your username: Tri-Angle Studios

What kind of device are you using? iPad 6th gen, iPadOS15.x.x, newest hopscotch version and newest player

1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): Weeks ago this button image appeared in one of my projects and never disappeared then. The version on admin page is the newest one, so that cloud button is a fake one.

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:
Seems to be irregular.

I expected this to happen: No cloud button

But instead this happened: Yes cloud button

Here’s a sweet screenshot:

12 Likes

@t1_hopscotch, here is the requested topic :))

8 Likes

Usually it helps when I log out, it then asks me to upload my drafts (it automatically uploads all of the drafts) and then once you log back in they are all fixed
…However, I remember you mentioning somewhere that logging out just deletes the drafts for you, so maybe don’t do it if you have important projects?.. lol I just don’t wanna be responsible for losing your progress

4 Likes

Looks like this is the most important part of the post – he’s confirmed that the project was updated on the server side.

4 Likes

This bug has been occurring for quite some time now, but I’ve never thought to report it.

4 Likes

@t1_hopscotch and @/Yuanyuan (already told you in the meeting:)), jsyk the beta version shows that projects havent been properly uploaded to the cloud (gray thumbnails and a cyan (?) upload button)

not urgent but it’s been a long time and it’s slightly annoying because i’m always afraid and confused if i uploaded correctly the project or not (large project so i def dont wanna loose that draft)

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I definitely understand it is worrying, particularly with a large project draft.

I think most of the changes in the beta have been within projects, but it would be worth us double-checking that it hasn’t adversely affected projects uploading.

Just a note for working on major projects, I think it is probably worth just switching to the regular app version generally, after the user testing is done (if the projects can get uploaded), since the TestFlight still has some in-progress features that might change before the final version.

1 Like

i think it propriety uploads to the cloud because i’m able to code on web

it’s fine, i dont use the new blocks :+1: thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

1 sentence description of the problem:
If you click the upload button, nothing happens
Steps to reproduce the problem every time:

1. Have a draft with an “upload” icon on the top right of your project
  2. Click on or that icon, or the upload button on the top right of your *screen

I expected this to happen:
All my drafts were uploaded
But instead this happened:
Nothing was uploaded
*Screenshots/video & project link:

Your username:
ThKing87
Device type, iOS version & Hopscotch version:

5 Likes

It might be your internet that’s causing this. Slow or weak internet is usually the cause for upload failures. I have never encountered this bug.

Also, here’s a useful tip:

Add this html tag: <video controls><source src="{video link}"></video> to embed your video on this forum (this is mainly for if your video extension is .MOV)

3 Likes

Oop, sorry.

I meant replace {video link} with the link to your video (as in the url).

Example:

<video controls><source src="https://files.catbox.moe/bre6iv.MOV"></video>

copy this to your OP, replacing the old embedded video.

Sorry about the duplicate reply. I accidentally pressed the wrong button.

3 Likes

But I have this every moment, and I have good internet

2 Likes

Try the following:

1. Upload one at a time
  2. Restart your device
  3. Delete and Reinstall Hopscotch (only do this if you have no other choice, as you WILL lose all progress in your projects that failed to upload).
2 Likes

I already tried that so many time, but it never works…

And number 3…
I’m not gonna try, because I’ll lose a month of progress!

1 Like

And that’s why I added that disclaimer.

2 Likes

Are you able to update your device, or are you not allowed to?

If you are able to and permitted to, try updating to iPadOS 16.1.1

I cannot guarantee that this will fix your issue, but it’s worth a try. And you’ll get some extra features that come with iPadOS 16, so it’s sort of a win-win.

2 Likes

I’m allowed to!

I’m gonna update it tomorrow!

2 Likes

Updating is a good idea. Out of curiosity, if you run a test at https://speedtest.net, what numbers do you get? It will tell you your network speed. (If posting the results as an image, make sure to crop out your internet provider!) But if this is consistent across different networks, internet speeds shouldn’t be the problem.

2 Likes

I got this

2 Likes

This looks like a decent internet speed and more than enough to upload Hopscotch projects to the cloud. So that’s not the problem:)

2 Likes