Cloned objects get cloned in editor position

I think that the clone taking the exact position of where it was cloned would make more sense too.

4 Likes

that’s what I mean thank you

1 Like

But if you think about it, in real life, if you were to clone yourself, the clone would start off as as a baby that’s exactly like you when you were a baby, so the clone should start off exactly like the original object started
idk if that’s true actually that’s just what my dad told me when I was 4 and asked if I could clone myself to not do homework

4 Likes

It’s been this way forever, and if you don’t want the clone to appear on the screen in that position for a split second, drag the object off the screen in the editor. It’s’nt a bug.

2 Likes

you rlly asked that?
Calvin and Hobbes moment anyone?

1 Like

That makes sense actually.
I think they’ve cloned animals like that, and that’s how it worked. The original animal’s DNA was implanted into the unborn animal and then it became a baby.

3 Likes

All attributes (Including position) of a new clone are those of the original object as it was on the editor stage.

Though I agree that if you think about it logically, the cloning behavior would be more intuitive if new clones adopted the attributes of the original object at the time of cloning

4 Likes

That’s some proverb lol.

2 Likes

yep, that’s what I figured

1 Like

This is intentional.

3 Likes

It’s just rather annoying to have to put
Original object X and Y every time I make a clone lol

2 Likes

It’s always been like this, and I have always thought it was intentional. What is the other option? That’s interesting…

2 Likes

It’s always been like this I believe, but you definitely have a valid point… doesn’t the clone inherit the current angle of the original object?

2 Likes

I would like to see clones inherit the properties (at least a few like set position) of its original object

@PinkCupcake8 no, it doesn’t do it with angle

3 Likes

You sure? I feel like it did it just today but I’ll check it out tomorrow

3 Likes

It’s harder to get en exact position that way, for example, if the object is moving at the time it is cloned you could end up with the clone at and x or y position that ends In something like: 37.34512

2 Likes

This is intentional. And I’m glad it does that

1 Like

That’s actually an interesting idea.

What if instead of the original object, it was the object that ran the clone action? That would be interesting and technically speaking I don’t think it would be that hard (though I am not 100% sure)

Definitely would have to be a new player version though.

4 Likes

bump

1 Like

That was there.