Clean my Code! (Requests, Courses, and More)

ae_was_here
hopscotch_academy
remix_my_project
epoints
Cleaning my Code Service (What you came for) Do you have a project that just seems laggy for no reason? It seems simple but it just doesn't run smoothly? Or is the project file just too big? Fear no more! This is the topic for you! (that was so cliche).

After gaining experience with Hopscotch JSON projects, I discovered an odd behavior. Many pieces of code in your project don’t really delete themselves when you think they do. Deleted an object? Nope, you just removed it from the current scene. Deleted a game rule? Nope, the code inside if loops (and maybe more) still exists.

Because of that, I would like to offer this service: cleaning your Hopscotch projects. If a project is laggy when it really shouldn’t be, submit it here. I will give you some analysis and / or clean unused abilities sitting there in the dust, as well as suggestions on speeding up certain processes.

How it works: First, you submit a project. I will download it in free time and look over the code. Then, I will get a JSON editor, and I will delete any abilities and objects that are unused, and suggest alternatives for laggy qualities of the projects (such as bumps, is touching, and certain repeat loops).

I use several techniques that are sometimes used in projects. These includes radial or square collisions, instant gradient trail backgrounds, and “super clone efficiency” (I just made that up).

Summary: Basically you submit a project, and I remix it to optimize it, deleting objects and code you thought were gone forever (but in actuality slowed down your project). I will also make certain backgrounds load instantly and other sorts of crazy things with secret blocks if you didn’t have them already.

Put under #HA because I will educate people on why the project was slower and how I optimize the code.

ePoints This is an "if" and there's more stuff a little off from the main topic but still code-related Here we go.

How this will work? Depending on popularity of this service or topic, it may be too much work, and will thus cost what I like to call ePoints. ePoints are my “currency”, if you will. I may charge for this service (but it will start free) based on size of the project, plus I might have a system where paying more ePoints means higher order priority. But all of that is only “if” the service is really popular.

How do I earn them?

1. I run a Hopscotch Gaming Competition ₃₇₁ and offer ePoints as rewards, as well as coding challenges (those come and go).
  2. You can also earn them by tagging me on the GDT for a “quest”, which will help you either learn something new or put your skills on Hopscotch and the Forum to the test! Tag me @Awesome_E i'm bored or @Awesome_E stump me at any time for a quest.
  3. Suggest ideas for anything! I don’t usually get good ideas for games to code, nor for quests. Tag me @Awesome_E give idea with your idea anywhere. (The give idea part will remind me to give you ePoints).

How else could I spend them?

1. Competitions I host (Gaming and code competitions)
  2. @Awesome_E display help (lol yes)
  3. Offer me an idea! Then you can earn and spend them.

@Stylishpoopemoji33 @FearlessPhoenix
@Silverdolphin @StarryDream
@tankt2016 @SarcasticTvHead
@William04GamerA @Rodrik834
@Hopscotcher @ThatEnglishMuffin
@BabyButterfly @Legendary_myth
@GweTV @UTheDevHS
@PerilTheSkywing @Over_powered_wizard1
@Mindcool24 @MISSION_IMPOSSIBLE
@XxFoxxedxX

@pomtl @Good-E’s (lmk if you want to join)

18 Likes

I get first reply lol, you can take first non-creator reply.

Current Status:

:x: Busy

Project Queue:

Username Project Post ID Status
stylishpoopemoji33 “Clean the Room” 11 Complete
GweTV unknown 22 Waiting for Project
FearlessPhoenix “Art Pad WIP” 41 Waiting for Update
console (most recent update):
- fearlessphoenix feedback give, waiting f⁣o⁣r n⁣e⁣x⁣t up⁣da⁣te

I’ll tag the most recent addition once, then remove when editing

10 Likes

1st non creator reply

Very cool m8! I might use this method.

3 Likes

I get second non creator

4 Likes

Nope :x:

2 Likes

Oof was this based off of the post where I tagged u?

4 Likes

Not that I remember, but that may have sparked it, who knows?

5 Likes

This sounds aweosme! @Awesome_E Lemme go get 1 for u…

5 Likes

@Awesome_E I got one project but it’s a secret so I’ll tag ya on another topic to an old post k?

5 Likes

Finish your thing first, have it in a playable beta, then do it. Beause, you’ll probably end up doing this several times otherwise, unless it’s urgent. (You tagged me when I was creating the topic)

5 Likes

@Awesome_E Insanely laggy, I think:

4 Likes

Ah ok lol ahaha! I’ll tag u when I finish it

4 Likes

Nice. This would’ve been helpful with my Canada pixel art probably lol

I have no laggy projects atm, but I will definitely come to this if I do

5 Likes

Is that the Halloween broom?

4 Likes

I might use this for some debugging. Especially for music

4 Likes

Do u think æ can de-lag music projects?

4 Likes

Yup. Why??

3 Likes

Oh lol!!! It just seemed familiar…

3 Likes

The music itself? Sure, I guess. Other code, for sure! I am pretty good with technicality of music if you would like that too

3 Likes

Yes. AE makes music lol

4 Likes