Claim project as remix

With all the recent remix issues with watermarks not appearing, maybe it could help to claim a project as a remix and THT or the curators could decide wether it is a remix or not. Maybe it should only be for projects in curated though to not give them too much work. Here’s a little design I put together

(The button for it)

(The place where you say what project it was remixed from)

Maybe it could be limited to one claim per person per day/week

Also I forgot to put a search bar on the second image, I think you should be able to claim the project as somebody else’s too

Anyways, idk if this would work but it could help a bit

idk if this a good idea but whatevs

25 Likes

I think it’s a good idea.

5 Likes

I like this idea, I also like the claim limit

5 Likes

there can be some flaws but overall it’s a pretty good idea

7 Likes

Nice idea Fundardo

6 Likes

As long as THT reviews the projects claimed and it’s not an automatic process.

6 Likes

but someone could just spam the system so it would have to have a limit of some sort

and even then someone could just remix a ton of projects of someone, making it so only 1 can be reported a day/week which would be problematic

5 Likes

Yeah but if we limit it to claiming curated projects, I doubt that two remixed projects remixed by the same person would get curated in one day

2 Likes

yes

2 Likes

hmm interesting

2 Likes

I think this could have some problems tho
i think

2 Likes

moderation-untrue claiming
none of us would do that but some users might

2 Likes

Great idea!

It could be a category under the “Report” button, but your idea is nice. It might also encourage users to not randomly remix projects and claim them as their own.

As Nobody the user said, it could be easily exploited to claim many projects, but the cooldown is a good way to combat that. It might also lead to claiming wars among users over who gets credit over a project or not.

5 Likes

Exactly. Then it could show up admin side as “3 claims” next to the like count or something:

:exclamation:3 :heart: 30 :arrow_forward: 45 :clock3: 4m

3 Likes

If this is done, tht has really given up on fixing this bug lol

4 Likes

It’s been fixed on the latest version, but idk how many people updated to it. Plus, this type of bug happens every now and then regardless of whether there is a fix.

5 Likes

probably not the people who use the bug

3 Likes

Yeah lol, maybe u should put something in app that says “please update to remix”

1 Like

No. I really really dislike ideas for forcing the user to do something they don’t want if it really isn’t necessary.
partly because I like how well 3.37.2 functions, and it doesn’t have a lot of recent bugs or in my opinion obtrusive UI

3 Likes

Who are you saying no to? Kinda confuzled to be honest.

2 Likes