“Check out our menu" - Coding Café ☕

I’m looking for something super simple. Like one of those basic HS tutorials

2 Likes

Fade in and out tricks? Slam effect? Bold text fastest method? Sin and cosine?

3 Likes

Those would be good Hopscotch tutorials, but they are too easy to do in Xcode. What’s a simple app for iPad or iPhone that I should make a tutorial for?

Btw, Happy Birthday

2 Likes

Possibly a level?

3 Likes

An io game

1 Like

Hmmmm, what about Tapper?

3 Likes

Ooh, a tapper is a really good idea! It can be as simple and modern as you want, it teaches variables, and it works with objects. Thanks

3 Likes

I’ll post the video here once once I’m done

2 Likes

Curious to see how that’ll be done

2 Likes

Yeah, I have ideas…

Oh, btw, I want to show you something really cool that you can get on an iPad

This app was posted on GitHub before it was on the app-store and people were able to build it in Xcode and download it to their devices from there. Now it’s on the App-store, but the repository still exists and the developer is still active.

Edit: I’ve already used it to program on my iPad

4 Likes

That’s pretty cool! I have PyCharm on pc, but maybe I will check that out too sometime

2 Likes

I don’t think Guitar Hero is a “dancing” game, more like a “playing-an-instrument” game…lol

2 Likes

well i know but im thinking of a guy dancing while you do the guitar hero stuff

1 Like

I love how the app is 17+ because it contains ‘unrestricted web access’.

Is Chrome 17+?

4 Likes

Yep

1 Like

Oh ok lol

Lol, the only way it is unrestricted web access is if you import something that allows website viewing in the app. Or, of course, you program it in python yourself…

2 Likes

I’ve decided to do something to increase participation on this topic:

Weekly Coding Comic:

The comics aren’t original, but they are so funny that I have to share them! I have a line up of these funnies.

9 Likes

Hey guys, I have a problem. My brother’s projects don’t show up anywhere on the app even though they make some cool projects. They are not allowed to join the forum, so even though they make better projects than some people on Hopscotch, their projects don’t show up anywhere. The problem is, I don’t know Hopscotch can fix that without undoing the system they made. Could I have some ideas?

4 Likes

They don’t show when you go to their profile? Or the featured channels?

4 Likes