“Check out our menu" - Coding Café ☕

Lol, the only way it is unrestricted web access is if you import something that allows website viewing in the app. Or, of course, you program it in python yourself…

2 Likes

I’ve decided to do something to increase participation on this topic:

Weekly Coding Comic:

The comics aren’t original, but they are so funny that I have to share them! I have a line up of these funnies.

9 Likes

Hey guys, I have a problem. My brother’s projects don’t show up anywhere on the app even though they make some cool projects. They are not allowed to join the forum, so even though they make better projects than some people on Hopscotch, their projects don’t show up anywhere. The problem is, I don’t know Hopscotch can fix that without undoing the system they made. Could I have some ideas?

4 Likes

They don’t show when you go to their profile? Or the featured channels?

4 Likes

They show up on their profile, but nobody in the play tab can see them unless they follow my brothers on the app.

5 Likes

You can try nominating them here

https://forum.gethopscotch.com/t/nominate-your-project/54391?u=thecmstudios

3 Likes

That’s just how hopscotch works now

3 Likes

I know. And it’s a system that turns away new-comers.

5 Likes

The problem is, I want to get friends on Hopscotch whose parents strongly dislike any online chat forum and who I won’t be seeing enough to always nominate their cool projects.

4 Likes

If anyone has an idea on how this could be fixed, I want to know, because I have been looking for the answer to this problem for a bit now.

2 Likes

I don’t know other than to nominate their projects on here for them

2 Likes

What if Hopscotch had a button in the play tab that, when tapped, would give you a brief list of 4 or so randomly chosen projects that were recently published?

Kind of like Google’s “I’m Feeling Lucky” button.

6 Likes

Lol, that would be fun. I just had a wonderful idea on how to fix the system. I’m creating a topic on how to fix Hopscotch.

4 Likes

That would be awesome.

2 Likes

And here it is loyal customers of the café:

6 Likes

It a shame your friends can’t join the forum- but totally understandable:) however you could share their usernames and projects with the rest of us here- increasing the chances of their projects being seen, and possibly nominated?

3 Likes

I have a solution to the problem here:

3 Likes

Heyo loyal coders of the café. I have another question.

Does anyone know a good place to learn R programming?

3 Likes

I guess you have weekly code-medy now

3 Likes

What? What do you mean by “medy”

2 Likes