Changes to the forum

omtl

Doesn’t archiving make the topic unaccessible? Sorry, I’m new to this.

2 Likes

That sounds better than permanently deleting them.

2.2 k of my likes were on that GT!

2 Likes

Close and you can’t edit, like, or delete posts or title

2 Likes

Oh, I see.
I think the original poster should have a link to the topic. This could solve the problem of losing memories.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve had good times on gts
And now those will be gone so what is it worth to stay

2 Likes

Yes, it must be devastating for people with more than 3+ years on a single topic!
Kitty4u has had their general topic for 2 years.

I ran out of replies:

@/HardcoreHufflepuff Hi!
It seems that you share the same sentiments as many people. It’s sad, of course but I understand the reasoning. However there are many more ways to deal with these issues. The hopscotch team should rethink this.

@/Stylishpoopemoji33 That’s not very old, so please try to understand the point of view of others.

@/Awesome_E That must be terrible to say goodbye to! Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do to save it.

@/BlackSeal That’s true. After this, I think a lot of the forum will move.

@/Awesome_E It is a big deal! You may not have been as invested in the forum as others. But Kitty4u has spent a sixth of their life with this community and their general topic, and it’s disappointing to see people not able to have the same experience.

@/Awesome_E Yes, it is. Kitty4u said that the forum has discussed this already to no avail, and that they know how this will play out. This change is drastic and a big jump. Perhaps it is better to ease in to this new forum.

7 Likes

I have had mine for two months ish…

not to be angsty but do they realize everyone’s gonna leave the forum

6 Likes

I’m staying! The forum is a great place, with or without GTs!

1 Like

hhh same! just after i joined the forum, someone yelled at me for creating a topic that’s wasn’t code related.

2 Likes

which is like,, not their fault cause yeah people haven’t been using it for coding and there’s other places for other stuff

3 Likes

I absolutely agree

1 Like

Yey July 2016

1 Like
  • I have a feeling THT will advertise their forum on Hopscotch on April 10th through a published project and this all leads to that
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

Not deleted, and I can always see it when I need to
@discobot fortune will this go well

2 Likes

:crystal_ball: It is certain

they’ll need new users when most of us leave, right?

2 Likes

Most of us? Some people will leave, yes. Idk they just want to refocus the intention of the forum back to what it is supposed to be… I know a lot of people will leave, but 1) DT stays open, 2) it’s just gts, I know people love them, but it’s not too big a deal

But yeah they will want new people to join the forum, and apparently parent complaints suggest that they were not happy with the current state

2 Likes

they can always stay in touch thanks to discord or insta, people didn’t respect the “no communication outside the forum” rule anyways

2 Likes

I know it’s a big deal to some people, but it’s not their everything. The Hopscotch Forum is made for Hopscotch, right? You kinda have to expect that.

2 Likes