Change Invisibility percent block to Visibility percent block

A feature I’d like to see in Hopscotch is that the invisibility block is replaced with a visibility block.

I’d use it for this type of project: any and every project

Here are some examples of Hopscotch code that could be improved if we had this: there would be less confusion with the language and tools, for young newbies to the Hopscotch app.

New kids might find some confusion when they use the invisibility block, so I thought that it would help if THT changed the invisibility block to the visibility block.

Pros: newbies would have an easier time coding.

Cons: Vets would have to change all of their projects that use the invisibility block, and that means just about EVERY project, but I think it would be would be worth it.

12 Likes

Very cool idea!

But you can just set the invisibility block to 0 and it will be visible again. :))

And, the invisibility block is to set the invisibility of it so, you can change it to however you like! Its really just a visible and invisible block combined!
And, with the invisibility block, you can make things fade! :))

2 Likes

I don’t think we would—all that would change is the text and the way it is calculated

7 Likes

But- the feature works fine as is, plus 100% invisibility makes sense, and 0% is visible… its easy to understand, and changing would require so much effort, and make updating projects such a pain. More trouble than its worth as both blocks are equally good.

Literally never seen this in my years of tutoring hopscotch…

I’ve seen people confused as to how to use percentages (0-100) but thats because they were young, changing percentages to a reverse percentages isn’t changing anything enough to make it easier.

8 Likes

I don’t think this is worth it

This is game breaking… literally ALL the projects wouldn’t work (games, mainly)

So yeah, nice idea but… yeah

4 Likes

I think existing users would be annoyed by the change, and new hopscotchers wouldn’t see much benefit either

4 Likes

good point, but i’m talking about VERY YOUNG USERS.

3 Likes

How is this easier to understand tho?

2 Likes

I agree with what fw said

If they were gonna rename it at all, I think “Set Opacity” could be a better choice since it’s the most explicit, but honestly, I think whatever works is fine and this is a pretty small thing

10 Likes

Yeah it’s not a big enough benefit for this to happen

3 Likes

I can see that

2 Likes

But there are more old user than young and it really would be bad and wouldn’t help much at all

4 Likes

But I really really want this to happen

3 Likes

And for very new users this would be quite annoying as they are just understanding the blocks.

3 Likes

Why? What benefit would it bring, and why?

2 Likes

Well one person vs everyone else it doesn’t really make sense… sorry if I sound mean…

3 Likes

…never mind

how about a poll?

3 Likes

Sure! I just think the cons outweigh the pros here but others may think differently

2 Likes

Can u pls just can give me one good reason this should be added. All i want is one potential benefit

1 Like

yeah opacity would be better if anything, it’s used for most text programming languages I think

8 Likes