Challenge Math and Brain Teaser Problems!

I love this one

Answer Pic 3

Move the top stick of the "=" to make a "+"

Oooh this is cool :)

Remove one matchstick from the 9 to change it into a 3, and put the matchstick on the - to change it to a + symbol. 3 + 3 = 6?

And I am interning at Hopscotch at the moment :smile:

@FreshGuppy thanks for asking :blush: (I will try not to get off-topic so I just posted here) yeah I am glad of what I get to learn and do with the team.

You are in a room that is completely bricked in on all four sides, including the ceiling and floor. You have nothing but a mirror and a wooden table in the room with you. How do you get out?

That is a “word” trick type puzzle.
The solution won’t work in real life

This used to be so popular at our school.

You look in the mirror, you see what you saw, you take out the saw, cut the table in half, put the two halves together to make a whole, you take the hole ad put it in the wall, and you climb out.

Seems like it would work just fine in the real world

You said all four sides, but a two walled room is impossible.
I don’t walk through one of the holes.

Oh. Yeah. Hehe.

Find the non zero values that satisfy the expression:

a^b + c^d = (a * b * c * d) - (a + b + c + d)

There are many answers to this problem. Are there infinite? (The largest example miiight tell you why my username has 4133 in it)
Also, a harder version is the find solutions where the variables do not equal 1, or each other. Have fun!
I wrote some code on this, it’s a really fascinating problem :slight_smile:

Lastly, you don’t need to be bound by the above expression, you can find values for:
a^b + c^d + e^f = (a * b * c * d * e * f) - (a + b + c + d + e + f)

I’ve got a brain teaser

On Random Road is a bungalow. All of its inside is pink. What colour is the stairs?

There are no stairs XD

their color is as nonexistent as them.

My first is often at the front door.
My second is found in the cereal family.
My third is what most people want.
My whole is one of the united states.

What am I?

Is it

I asked my friend lol

Here is one for somebody

I have 3 eye colors yellow red and green when the red eye opens everybody freezes. What am I?