Challenge Math and Brain Teaser Problems!

No, that is not the answer! A bit surprised no one has solved it yet

Woah I just had a go at the √(x + √(x + √(x + ...))) one and it has turned out so interesting! I will post what I have so far later :slight_smile:

Yes, that one is really cool
It has a simple answer, but it's just mind boggling

I like number 3 in the algebra one (the driving one)
It's really cool when you simplify things

I just solved number 2 in the algebra one today. It's very difficult, but has a relative idea

Hehe I was thinking so too, here are my 'investigations':

This was just very rough working out :stuck_out_tongue:

Tell your friend that that was awesome and really interesting to think about! I wonder how they came up with it, and if you or them had any more explorations on this! :relaxed:

This saved me from more horrors (of learning practices in schools) and boredom :+1:

Ooh I have not looked at the others much yet, but sounds like it must have been fun :smile:

Oh wow, that's a lot (you're extremely smart)

:joy: Aww no it is just me talking a lot! (And psst... I will share something then :relaxed:)

That was not my working out!
There's a simpler way, but you did get the correct answer

What I did to figure out:

I wrote the more simplified version of how to work it out after I solved it:

Glad you liked it!

Would you like to start a mathy collab where we'd create a ton of mathematical stuff?

(Incuding the Pascal's triangle in binary with clones!)

Ma Hopscotchy:p topic 2k17 ! We love Hermione! edit the title!

If you do make a collab, may I join please?

Yes! Of course!
I'll also tag the entire math Tag List when I create the topic
Are you going to stay on Hopscotch over the summer?

Ok, sounds good. I'm pretty sure I will be on HS, it's actually coming to Winter here :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh! I didn't know that!

So are holidays opposites to the northern hemisphere, or do you celebrate holidays on different seasons?

It all seems really confusing, but super awesome! Do you have a long summer vacation, or is it a long winter vacation?

What can open but not close (make it its original state)?

Question: You have been given the task of transporting 3,000 apples 1,000 miles from Appleland to Bananaville. Your truck can carry 1,000 apples at a time. Every time you travel a mile towards Bananaville you must pay a tax of 1 apple but you pay nothing when going in the other direction (towards Appleland).

What is highest number of apples you can get to Bananaville?

I've seen this one before, although I forgot the answer. I am going to try solving it

I am most likely wrong, but 0?

it can't be 0 XD
it can, but it's not

@DECODECO, is the answer 500?

I'm back!

And yeah! :smiley: I was thinking about that Pascal's triangle animation too :joy: I will be casually on like I normally am :blush: