Chalk | A free coding tutorial library

What is chalk?
It is an idea that has been floating around in my head for a while where people (with the forum and without) can access free tutorials all in one place!

Format of tutorials
The tutorials will be text based here is an example please follow this format as closely as you can:
-How to Code a Blah-
1)Bla bla bla
2)bla bla bla
So when you run it you will see bla bla bla
3)bla bla bla

Add your tutorial
Username:
Would you like the people to give you credit?:
Tutorial:
1 sentence description :
Category (Arts and music, game mechanics (control pads etc), full games, other):

Other
I picked the name chalk because you draw the Hopscotch game with chalk and these tutorials will be like the chalk to start your game!

6 Likes

first post

so cool!
I’ll def try to help with anything I can

2 Likes

@omtl

13 Likes

The first sample tutorial is out if anyone wants to see how it looks!

2 Likes

Important announcement

There will be a text language to write ur tutorials is so u don’t have to be like add a move block you can just go: move 100

You won’t even have to read the documentation it’s so easy it’s just blocks without the colors lol

2 Likes

Here is the language the tutorials are written in, chalk script! It is the hopscotch language but in text form!
LOOK IN CODE IN SCENCE 3

ANY BLOCKS FROM MOVEMENT
move 100
turn 90
flip
etc!
LOOKS
start sound (clap noise)
play note(c#)
set color(blue)
change image to (square)
etc!
VARIABLES
set (variable name) to 5
increase (variable name) by 5
set user/object variable (name) to 10
etc!
CONTROL
if {

}
repeat 5{

}
WHEN
when game starts:
when 7=7
when iPhone is tapped
etc!

3 Likes

So Ik I’m talking to myself buuuut
The tutorials will be made with the save input block so u can easily see the whole tutorial

Oo, very cool!

Ik no ones on but I added the first real tutorial! A FTU with credit day/night simulator

2 Likes

If anyone wants to make a video tutorial you can have 1 attachment per tutorial I will put a link with spaces into the tutorial’s page! Try to write it in chalk script but if it’s too complicated you can do a video I will but a post in a topic where you can post videos for people to reply to!

1 Like

Submit your videos (only videos if absolutely necessary) Videos Created by Hops! - #1636 by Cktennis5

1 Like

You may want to make it that the text colour is darker since it’s barely visible against the bright colours

1 Like

Yes my mom said that too haha I will do now

1 Like

I updated it but the thumbnail didn’t load yet or smthing

yeah, takes a few minutes

1 Like

I mean I have a “day/night simulator” that’s a little more advanced if you want to look at that.

Also why don’t you create a text object for the tutorials? It would be a lot nicer and cleaner, plus, whenever I tap ok to the alert pop-up the app immediately crashes every time

4 Likes

Huh that might be because my subscription is brOkEn ugh I don’t like this my pfp changed to default and I can’t edit it without it crashing

Ok I got my sub fixed so any submissions will be implemented as quickly as possible