Cat Meme Contest!
What is this?
This Cat Meme Contest will be a competition of memes.
You’ll be assigned to one of two teams: Team Tardar Sauce and Team Pokey.
The two teams will compete in matches.
Each match will have one player pitted against another. Each player will find one hilarious meme, then the community will vote on which meme is funnier.
The person with the funnier meme will go compete against the winner of another match using the same meme, and so on, until there is a final match where the two winners of Team Tardar Sauce and Team Pokey compete.
The number of matches depends on how many people join. It has to be an even number of people. I’ll ask you which team you want to be on, but I may move you to the other team to even it out if I have to.
- No memes with bad words, even ones where the vowels in the word are censored out with asterisks.
- They must be cat memes. There can be other animals in there too, but there must be a cat.
- Only memes. No GIFs, sorry.
- No memes that are directed at any forumer. Be aware that any memes posted should NOT be directed at anyone.
- You and your team can help each other with the memes. I’ll make team discussion topics.
- You can make a meme or find one online.
Failure to abide by the rules may result in being disqualified.
Do you like cat memes:
What team do you prefer to be on, Team Pokey or Team Tardar Sauce:
Will you not insult anyone with these memes:
Will you not post memes with bad words:
Will you be nice:
Will you follow the rules:
How To Make A Meme
Method 1: Download a meme-maker app.
Method 2: Download ibisPaint X. Yes, I know that’s a drawing app, but it works for memes and photo collages too.
Create a canvas from a photo of a cat and make a new layer. Put your text on that layer in the position you want to put it in. Select the font Noto Sans CJK JP Black.
Align the text to the center and make it whatever size you want.
Make the text color white and the stroke color black, and make the text stroke width 8. You should have a textface that looks like the usual meme textface.
I’ll be competing too!
Team Tardar Sauce
Named after Grumpy Cat, whose actual name is Tardar Sauce.
Named after Grumpy Cat’s brother, Pokey.