Can’t publish project

Your username:
Mr. Incognito
What kind of device are you using?:
iPad 5gth gen
1 sentence description of the problem (I was doing _________, and then __________ happened): I was able to get into a large pixel art again after a month or so but now it refuses to publish

Steps that the Hopscotch team can take to reproduce my problem every time:

1. enter this: https://c.gethopscotch.com/p/10vhhktr39
  2. try publishing
    ….

I expected this to happen:
it to publish
But instead this happened:
it said bad connection
Here’s a sweet screenshot:

I have tried copying the draft, deleting some code, etc. and it refuses to publish

@tankt2016 can I try publishing on the gold iPad later tonight?

14 Likes

That’s never happened to me, never seen it before…

YESS first post

4 Likes

by the way my internet/WiFi is perfect contrary to the alert

3 Likes

Yeah sure

Didn’t Dylan329 encounter something like this?

2 Likes

This is an issue Small World had preventing me from getting links to the updated drafts. I recommend emailing about it. Also this will happen if your project is super big and it’ll, what I’m assuming, time out on publishing

Server time outs are pretty common and could be fixed by restarting the app or device itself but also it can occur if it takes too long to try to publish the project

When you hit the publish button does it sit there for a minute?

7 Likes

5-10 seconds max

2 Likes

Then yea it’s struggling to publish the project. Is it uploading to the server without issue?

3 Likes

wdym? there’s an upload cloud constantly on the thumbnail that won’t go away so I guess no?

4 Likes

Ok so yea this is something I think you should email about

5 Likes

Yeah, the same is happening to me, and I’m using the best iPad possible, on the best WiFi as possible. Also, I think the fact it takes long to even get into the project means it has too much going on to publish fully.

2 Likes

Also the project wound up on my account somehow when Nobody the user tried to publish it from his account on my device, and logged back into my account a moment after trying to publish it.

4 Likes

Maybe you need to close Hopscotch out and try again.

Works for me.

1 Like

nope

I’ve restarted hs, copied, deleted code, etc.

I mean I really didn’t expect it to be enterable but I thought publishing would be fine

3 Likes

I have a similar problem:/
(the white is a quick cover up of text in an announcement project)

5 Likes

Does it have images inside the project?

2 Likes

no images!

2 Likes

Clones?

2 Likes

The most likely reason is something device related, with it not being able to handle the size of the project.

I’ve run into this with giant pixel arts too, like CC, but I’ve also run into the one you have. My best guess is that our old devices just can’t handle publishing. If you can, try getting on another device and publishing from it

3 Likes

or hopscotch but that’s probably the reason

who?

2 Likes

Nobody…

2 Likes