Can someone help me with some pixel art pointers

I’m really struggling to make some pixel art. This will be my first one, so can someone give me some pointers?

12 Likes

Here’s a video of how to code pixel art,
6 Likes

Tankt beat me to the tutorial for it, but I could help.

Do you want a fast way to do it? Or slower but easier? There are tons of methods

7 Likes

I can help, if you want!

3 Likes

Hey! :slight_smile:
There are tons of great pixel art methods.
I’d recommend using the starter video that Tankt posted and looking in the # StarterProjects channel for pixel a template starters.
After you have a basic idea and practice with some pixel arts, you can tag me if you’d like, and I can walk you through a couple different pixel art methods and you’ll be a pro in no time

5 Likes

hey Fea if you don’t mind could you walk me through the different methods sometime? I don’t wanna have to keep relying on you!

5 Likes

Yeah sure :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Look at the code in this

5 Likes

@Ultimatetextartist Or this…

5 Likes

The pixel code in my pixel arts is free to use. I actually have a YouTube video about how I make pixel arts, but I’m not allowed to post it.

6 Likes

(Just saying that’s BumpSplatGaming.Co’s method, not mine, I know it doesn’t have any credit on it yet but I will add that when I’m done with it)

2 Likes

If you need some help, I’m always available.

Check out my other account, PixelPOP🐟, if you need any examples. @BB-Box also has really good pixel arts you can look at!

I hope that your coding journey goes well!

5 Likes

You need to use a single sprite to draw every couple of lines. You can use multiple if necessary.

Check the code of this project* for an example.

Here is another example**.

*This one uses regular pixels.
**This one uses square pixels.

1 Like

You don’t need to, it’s just the easiest method;)

I use one sprite for mine but multiple are easiest shudders oh the lag

3 Likes

Thanks for the help everyone! Watch my profile Ultimatetextartist for a pixel art soon. You have all been so kind! :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Tag me here when you make one

1 Like

me too please!

1 Like

Fast. I don’t want to sit there for 15 minutes waiting for it to load

2 Likes

This is my method, using no secret blocks.

When game starts
Clone object times (how big you want the pixels to be) x (how many lines there are)

When Object is cloned
Set position X (where you want to start for a square image) Y (starting point) - self clone index + 1

When Clone index < (Pixel Size Times the line)
Check once if clone index > 1 (or the previous number)
Draw a trail color black width 10
Custom block set trail color (what color you want)
Set position self x position + (Pixel Size Times how many times that pixel is repeated) self y position

Continue until the end

Check one of my pixel arts if you don’t understand (my account is sportygeographer)

1 Like

hey I might use this in my pixel art, do you mind? You’ll get credit of course. Thanks!

1 Like